IT Manager job with USD5000 with furnished accomodation

Hi All,

I have got a job offer in Indonesia Jakarta as an IT Manager with Salary of USD 5000 /month + furnished accommodation and once in a year to and fro flight fares from company.

I need to know that whether the salary is fair enough to live a standard life. And also please let me know that if I take my wife and daughter then it will be too costly for me or the salary will suffice that.

I need to save some money also so that I may send it to India for my parents.

I appreciate all the replies I would get on my queries.

That works out at around Rp70,000,000/month
Degree educated teachers generally earn between 3 and 7 million, but a street vendor tends to be lucky to earn 2 million.

Any questions?

Ok Sir...So you are saying that my 5000 USD salary is enough to survive with my Wife and daughter (including schooling) in a standard manner and I can send money to India as well.

As an IT Manager surely you can work out that your proposed salary 70 million a month should cover your lifestyle when the majority of people who are Indonesian in the city earn 4 and still enjoy their lives, send kids to school, wear clothes, eat etc.

Or am I wrong?

Dear Lukereg, Thanks for your kind reply. I must appreciate. You mean to say that 70 million is very good salary in Jakarta. Can you please also let me know that what the % of income tax the expatriate like me have to pay to the Indonesian government. And from 70 million how much in an average I may save in a month ....

For Income tax your employer will give you that information because I don't know as your salary level is way above mine.

How much can you save is up to you. I don't know how you live.

For a normal living....what will be my monthly cost including my daughter's schooling and study. I don't drink also

Somnathdey wrote:

For a normal living....what will be my monthly cost including my daughter's schooling and study. I don't drink also

Schools are down to you but you'll find a selection of very nice places in Jakarta.
As for not drinking, you've just saved yourself a lot of money.

Max tax is 29.8% I'm not sure on dependents but I do know if you have 3 it roughly drops to about 18/20% tax
Schools in my location range from about 600k/1million a year to 70 million a year

Thanks a lot