New S Pass Holder

Hi Guys,

I just need your advise if you or someone you know had already  experienced looking for a new job on your probationary period. My S Pass was just issued for almost 2 months, I was actually hired overseas. I am well experienced on my field but I do not feel that I fit with my present company. I am now thinking of looking for new job in the same field. I just like to know if there will be a negative impact on my next Employment / S Pass application if I just stay with my present company for just few months. Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is a negative impact of what MoM sees as job-hopping.
You'll probably get away with it once (as they also know that not all jobs turn out to be good matches), but then you should stay two/three years in your next job.

thanks beppi...just another question can a new employer apply for you a work pass even your present work pass is not yet cancelled...it is quite unpredictable here to know if you will be granted a working visa...i just want to know these things so i maybe able to plan accordingly...thanks

Reading some related threads on this forum would have answered that question. I cannot understand why people are so inert to doing their own research!
But to give you a short answer: A new work pass can be applied for, but not issued, while the old one is still valid. However, the old employer can see that you applied elsewhere - and such illoyal employees often fare badly in the next layoffs.

beppi wrote:

Reading some related threads on this forum would have answered that question. I cannot understand why people are so inert to doing their own research!
But to give you a short answer: A new work pass can be applied for, but not issued, while the old one is still valid. However, the old employer can see that you applied elsewhere - and such illoyal employees often fare badly in the next layoffs.

Apologies if you get irritated. Just last question if you may...what do you exactly mean by can be applied but not issued? will you be able to know at this point that your pass is approved but cannot get that pass unless you cancel the present one

Now it is REALLY time you do your own research to find the answer!
You won't have to reach further than this forum - any of the several threads where this was discussed in detail.

niknok23 wrote:
beppi wrote:

Apologies if you get irritated. Just last question if you may...what do you exactly mean by can be applied but not issued? will you be able to know at this point that your pass is approved but cannot get that pass unless you cancel the present one

You are answering your own question. A new pass can be approved but the card can be only issued once the existing pass is cancelled. As Beppi said please read the old threads you will get answers most of your queries. We are just repeating these answers because new members don't put their effort to go through the old threads. Please be noted that it's a voluntary site where we are working as a volunteer and giving our time & efforts for absolutely free. Good luck