Is it possible to speed up Training Employment Pass (TEP) ?

Hi all,

Some background information:
I'm a student from Indonesia. I just got accepted at Google as an software engineer intern for summer internship.
I've checked all the requirements and everything is okay.
My employer (using a third-party agent) has filed my application on Thursday, 05/17/18.

However, based on my research, it seems that there has been a random processing time ranging from a rare 1 week - 2 weeks, common 3 weeks and some cases of 1 month - 2 months. The problem with that is, in the worst case where it takes 2 months, it would have been July and I'm not sure if my employer would still employ me for summer internship...

I'm still hoping for being in a normal case. But, in worst case, can my employer request something to MOM to speed up the process or issue a temporary pass or anything? And also, does company reputation tend to effect the processing time of MOM? (Hope so, since Google is a reputable company)

Any information on TEP would be really appreciated. Thanks!

TEP is not a very common pass, so the circumstantial evidence isn't enough to make a rule. As you have noticed, those occasional infos we get differ widely.
The company can of course request processing to be completed by a certain date, but must give a good reason for this (e.g. the training is no longer possible later on) and there is no guarantee that MoM will follow it.
The company reputation has no influence. Your background has some. But the major factor seems to be how busy the officers currently are.

@beppi Thank you for the clarification. Yeah, I understand that TEP is kinda uncommon and the processing time really varies.. I hope that 3 weeks on MOM's web will be reliable enough. Well then, my best option is to just wait I guess.

Hi @beppi, just want to give a quick update. I've received the IPA letter yesterday! :)
My status went to pending input from vetting agencies (expected outcome of 2 months) too for a few days. Then I asked the third party agent if there is anything can be done.

Suddenly, I got a letter this morning informing that it is done!
Approximate time: 2 weeks 1 day (including holidays)

Congrats, welcome to Singapore.