Salary in UAE

Dear all,

I have been offered a job in Abu Dhabi for 61000 Dhs per month (gross) salary. It includes base salary, accomodation, school for two kids and some other benefits.

I looked into many websites to understand what I am signing for but it is still not clear.

I understand that it is a decent salary for a family with 4 members to survive, but is that also a decent salary to be able to save like $5000 per month? Does this salary includes any tax?

What are the fees for a 5 and 9 years old kids in good schools like Canadian, British or American?

Most of all, is that a fair salary for 13+ experience petroleum engineer?

Also what are the typical probation periods in Abu Dhabi?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Roughly speaking, annual school fees can set you back anywhere between 60-100K per child.   I am referring to some of the best schools.  There are, of course, mid point cheaper options which would be in the range of 30-50K annually per child.

There is no "direct" taxation in the UAE so your gross salary IS your net salary.  However, you may be liable for taxation in your home country depending on the time period required to not be tax-resident anymore. 

It is a good salary and you should be able to save depending on your lifestyle. I am not close to your industry to say with any certainty if that is what someone with your experience should get.   But keep in mind that the oil sector in the GCC is going through major restructuring and cut-backs due to the impacts from lower oil prices over the past few years; a lot of people have faced layoffs or pay cuts or other job security issues.  In that backdrop, it is definitely a good salary.

Probation periods vary company to company but most follow a range between 3 to 6 months.

Thanks a lot for the response.