Travel within GCC

I have heard that if you are an expat in KSA you need exit permission from your employer to leave the country.  Do you need this to travel within the GCC?  My son and his wife will be staying in UAE and I will be in Riyadh.  I want to be able to visit them but need to be prepared.

Thanks,

Kym

Hi Kym, yes you would need Exit & Re-entry Visa if you're (temporarily) leaving Saudi. You can either apply for a single or multiple visa. Your sponsor (company) would need to apply for it on your behalf, it cannot be done on your own.

For single Exit & Re-entry Visa, it is 200 SAR for a validity period of 2 months (meaning you have to return within 2 months of leaving Saudi). Additional 100 SAR for each additional month extension.

For multiple Exit & Re-entry Visa, it is 500 SAR for a validity period of 3 months (meaning you can exit and return how many times you need but must be back before the 3-month validity). Additional 200 SAR for each additional month extension.

I believe that's the current charges - other folks out there, correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi Modjo,

Thank you so much!  I want to be able to hop over for the weekends when I can since we're so close.  The cost is reasonable.  Inshallah the personal visit visas for Americans will be available soon so they can come to see me too.

Kym