Where in US can I get medical exam for Vietnamese work visa?

I'm a US citizen and have been offered a job in Vietnam.  I've gathered all necessary documents except for my medical exam.

Can any doctor in the US perform the exam? ( I live in Colorado )

What does the doctor need to check?  I"m having trouble finding any information about this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Do it in Vietnam.  Your employer should have a short list of places to go and the hospitals know what tests are needed for authorities to accept it.  Besides, it will be a lot cheaper than a physical in the US which is usually not covered by insurance.

I was under the impression that the medical exam was a prerequisite for work visa approval but I guess that's not the case.

Thanks for the info, I will ask my employer where to go.

Cheers

chrisc7753759 wrote:

I was under the impression that the medical exam was a prerequisite for work visa approval but I guess that's not the case.

Thanks for the info, I will ask my employer where to go.

Cheers

You need the exam for a work permit which is given to your employer which allows them to hire you legally.  The permit is not a visa but does enable you to obtain a Temporary Resident Card (TRC) which obviates the need for a visa.  You will need to enter the country with either a business or tourist visa, preferably business.

Hello,
In my experience as an employer, some provinces and cities only accept the health check/medical exam for Work Permit from a local/provincial  hospital. Check with the HR person at the school which will employ you.  Unless you are their first foreign employee, they should guide you.
   Cho Rey Hospital in HCMC  has special arrangements for foreigners to make the test go smoothly and quickly and has been the least expensive. Some of the  VINMEC  international hospitals, located in a few cities  are also offering promotional rates for the exam. Exams at US hospitals have not been acceptable. Check with your school and clarify who is responsible for payment, the school, you or  50/50, as well as who holds on to the WP, the school or you. In some locales,  a VN Work Permit must be acquired for each school you teach!

FR

What everyone else has said is all correct. Vietnam will not accept any health checks from the US. The health check must be done here in Vietnam at one of their (the governments) pre-approved hospitals.

Thank you for the information