New in Antwerp

Hi there,
first post here.
I'm currently based in Leeds, UK and I have the chance to move to Antwerp. I'll have my final interview next Friday, so finger crossed!
The salary should be about 52-54K, I have a wife and 15 months old son. Any idea about the net income? 2000 euros per month to live there (as someone suggested) is quite scary :-O

Thanks,
Massi

Hi and welcome on Expat.com Massi!

A new thread has been created on the Antwerp forum for better visibility. I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand.
Another question: what about childcare there in Belgium? is it usually as expensive as in UK?

Hi realmassy,

You should start a new discussion concerning childcare in Belgium on the Belgium forum.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Regards,
Christine

I guess your net would be around 2300, no more. Do not know about child care in that area, but I am sure you will find more info once you settle. Good luck on your final interview.

Thanks WorldExpat. This matches, roughly, the amount I thought...which unfortunately is less than my current salary.
Hopefully the interview will be so good they'll raise the offer ;-)

Good luck realmassy! Let us know how it went!

im at my dissertation period now. willing to take up some babysitting job if you need help:)

Hi yeah I also sent you a message about babysitting etc from North East England looking to move within the next 6 weeks