Employment pass status

Hi Expats,
  I' m working as expats in malaysia,  recently my new company applied visa on 3rd May. 
When i checked my application status in online.
It shows status as deferral. Pls anyone can help me about status and how long take to approval stage 1.
1. After stage 1,  I have to shorten my current employment pass?

Thanks in advance.

I think it means the application can't be processed for some reason and until the problem is resolved progress can't be made. I assume you have got a No Objection Letter/Certificate from your current employer which the new employer would need to submit with their application.

Thanks Gravitas for your reply.
              My current company will issue No objection Letter, once get acknowledge from ESD. Do we get any acknowledge letter from ESD that they accept my application ?? Pls advice me on this.

Thanks

The NOC is part of the application paperwork. ESD is an online system. I suspect that the other clearances required, before the application goes to immigration, may be underway. These are sectoral in nature and to check credentials of the company wishing to hire and the applicant. That might explain the Deferred status. The system is basically 2-step: getting approval for the position and then the applicant.

New Company also don't know why its deferral status.  what shall i do now any idea.?

They should be able to ask ESD.  https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/employers/ They do need to be proactive. Hopefully the company has recruited before and knows what they are doing.

I too hope the same they must know what they doing. I will update you once i get result from them.
Thanks Gravitas for your reply.

Hi Gravitas ,
          Got update status change deferral to Return to company. Immigration ask queries and need explanation  about Salary which declared in their system  must match with EA 2017. I submitted requested documents.
           Now, i have other issues current company already done system cancellation a month before , they received mail from MDEC to cancel my EP physically and ask new company to apply Special Pass.

Pls advice me on this..
1. How long its take ESD to process my application.
2. Current company submit for shorten visa, how many days will have validity?
3. When can apply special pass?

Thanks in Advance..

If the company has already accepted your resignation then the EP will be valid until that date. The new company would need to apply for the SP so that you remain legally in Malaysia - at least from the cancellation date.

Thanks,  Any idea how long it's takes esd to process my application?

Well they have a month, as the SP is valid for that long

Ok..Thanks for your reply..

But of course the process is far wider than just immigration, ESD, MDEC. The company structure needs approving (i.e. they have an approved HR plan and quota) then the post and finally the proposed incumbent needs approval. After that the immigration processing takes place (decision in 5 days).

Noted..& Thanks for your prompt response

So any update, where you able to receive the EP?

Hello.

How to check the EP application status online? My application was returned last week and HR doesn't tell me the reason.

Hi expats
I applying 2 renewal employment pass category (I)  for this month. But the result is defferal.  Anyone knows what happening to esd online. Becuase last submission is February 5, 2021 until now shown still defferal. Please any comments for this situation.

Can we apply renewal of employment pass from India...

Can we apply renewal of employment pass from India

Deferral means they need more time to process and they will come up with some queries or may need more docs. I had a friend whose case was similarly deferred by ESD by ultimately approved. Your would be done too.

Pls let me know what is ur current situation.

zack ng wrote:

Hi expats
I applying 2 renewal employment pass category (I)  for this month. But the result is defferal.  Anyone knows what happening to esd online. Becuase last submission is February 5, 2021 until now shown still defferal. Please any comments for this situation.

Hi Kash ,

your deferral status was resolved? If resolved after how many days??

zack ng wrote:

Hi expats

Hi Zack,

your defferal status was resolved ? Did they come up with any queries . My Application was last submit on 21st July , Till then still on deferral status