Desire Rental in Corozal Bay or Other Suggestions

Hi,
I am Brenda and my husband is David. We are both recently retired and fell in love with Belize last year. We visited several areas in Belize and really like Corozal - less tourists. We are exploring a permanent retirement in Belize. We are open to other areas besides Corozal. Although the islands are nice we found them too confining. We like to go-go-go.

We are both Colorado natives and love all things outside for activities. I was a life coach and my husband an electrician. Between the two of us, we get along well with people and can fix anything. We want to come before winter begins here in Colorado - escape the snow.

We are looking for a furnished two bedroom for a minimum of three months and up to a year. We can provide references.

Brenda

Hello and welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of information here, and you may have to sift through some threads to find what you are looking for.
You can look in the "housing" section at the top of the forum to see if anything interests you. Other options you might consider would be AirBnB or Booking.com. There is no substitute for "toes in the sand"  to find lodging that will suit you, and you may need to stay in a short-term rental in order to locate other long-term options. Word of mouth is a common method to find anything in Belize, and Belizeans are not really amenable to electronic communication.
San Ignacio is more populated than Corozal and you may have better luck there. You might also consider the area around Belmopan for short-term, since it is in the center of the country it would allow you to more easily explore the country before you make a decision.
Happy travels!

Karenjoe, we have considered Belmonpan and San Ignacio. Toes in the sand is probably the way it will unfold.

Thank you

The "touristy" areas are primarily the cayes and Placencia, though there are tourists all over the country-just fewer. We chose property just off the Hummingbird Hwy for a number of reasons - beautiful scenery, secluded, spring water on the property, some mature fruit trees, space for a garden and horses, close (30 min) to Hopkins, close (30 min) to Belmopan, not a bad drive to Spanish Lookout. San Ignacio probably has the largest ex-pat population.

Hi Brenda,
I'm fairly new to this but have you thought about Hopkins? It's nice an right on the beach. Not pricey rental as in Placencia and the cayes plus you'll be inland to enjoy the other attractions easily. :)

Great suggestion! We love Hopkins and the area is growing. Since the road into Hopkins was paved last year, more people are willing to make the trek. It is close enough to Bocawina and  a lot of the forest reserves, as well as some waterfalls, that it would be easy to go hiking, cave tubing, etc., as well as have the opportunity for water activities.

Lol, ask about Corozal and get a bunch of recommendations for other parts of the country. I like the Cayo and Hopkins but we decided to rent in Corozal District too. If you search Consejo Shores website, they have some rental listings. If you want to be in Corozal town you might check with Coral Cottages, they have a 2nd floor condo they rent in addition to the cottages. Orchid Bay has rentals available. Once you're here and meet locals more options start opening up since many things are offered only by word of mouth.