Considering a move to Ireland

Hi Guys :)

My name is Kendra and I would LOVE to move to Ireland. I won't be able to do so for a little while yet as I need to save some money but just wanted to see if anyone could give me a bit of information about finding work in Employment Services.

I currently help people on the unemployment benefit get sustainable work. I work with the hard cases that often have barriers to employment like mental health, drug addiction, transport issues, limited work history etc. and would like to continue this work in Ireland. A lot of my job is also job applications, resume and cover letter writing, employ-ability skills training (interviewing, self esteem, what employers want etc.), marketing to employers, networking and a bunch of other stuff. I'd happily do this work in any capacity (government, government affiliated, private recruitment) but I'm just not sure where to start or what is available.

Does anyone have any info on how employment services works over there? Government or private recruitment? ANY help would be very appreciated :):):)

Thanks, Kendra.

Hi Kendra and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of this page is a link to our Handy Tools section; this contains our Expat Guides, these contain information that may help you plan your journey.

With regards to your specific question regarding Irish Employment Services, I know nothing about them, but a quick Google search has discovered they have a website, on which is a contact link; this link will take you to the website.  I'd advise you to contact them and see what transferable skills you have, plus what they have to offer.

Once you've read our guides and checked out the link; if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic!

Thank you so much for replying :)

I have been on the website you showed me a couple of times but I couldn't work out if they would hire foreigners or if it would fit into 'sales and marketing' on the critical skills list and I could't find my way to where you've sent me so thank you!

Do you know much about private recruitment over there? I would happily do this as well :)

Thanks,
Kendra

Hi

Still considering a move?

Kendralady wrote:

Hi Cynic!

Thank you so much for replying :)

I have been on the website you showed me a couple of times but I couldn't work out if they would hire foreigners or if it would fit into 'sales and marketing' on the critical skills list and I could't find my way to where you've sent me so thank you!

Do you know much about private recruitment over there? I would happily do this as well :)

Thanks,
Kendra

Hi Kendra and welcome back; sorry I missed your reply to my post.

To answer your question; in that link I gave you, top right-hand corner of their webpage is a link to their contact information; I'd recommend you give them a call.

I don't know anything useful about private recruitment in Ireland; perhaps use Google to see what you can come up with.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi :)

I am! Why do you ask?