Close

Coriander(koriander) and curry leaves

Hi everyone,

Does any one have an idea where would i find koriander and curry leaves in Budapest at a reasonable price . Also any market for good raw fresh fish to buy

We saw some Koriander or as we call it, Cilantro for sale  at Sel Kalman Ter but they were asking 600 Forints a bunch! Crazy expensive.
It was the piac on Feny Utca near the Mammut Mall in Buda.
Sometimes Tesco sells it and other times I can't find it anywhere.

ATM we are growing a large pot full on our windowsill flower pot.
I brought seeds over with me from the states.
It is possible to find small starter plants here and there in garden shops but not always.
I brought over some dried in a can from the states but it is not the same as fresh grown.
Good luck,if you find some, please let me know too.
It is going to take at least one more month before my little garden is ready and I'm dying for some fresh salsa .
On the bottom floor of the large market hall they sell fresh fish.
We are going over to the market hall today,I'll keep my eyes open for any vendors who might be selling cilantro.
600 F is allot when regular parsley is between 35 to 60 forints a bunch.

Hello!

You can find fresh Koriander in the Asia Grocery Shop (the name is with something like world flavours) right next to the Great Market Hall (Fovam Ter), the cost is arround 220ft.

Yes, they sold koriandor inside the great hall maret as well.
It was 230 forints.
Face the front of the market and walk through the first entrance and it's about the 2nd or 3rd stall, Chinese people selling items.

Thanks guy . Got the Coriander finally and its reasonable too . Finally back to making homemade Indian food .

For future reference,  Tesco sell both.

mariarodrigues1993 :

Thanks guy . Got the Coriander finally and its reasonable too . Finally back to making homemade Indian food .

That's good, where did you finally purchase it?
It's almost salsa making time around here and my little shoots are not growing as fast I I'd like.