Which city isnot hot?

Hello
Which city of Vietnam has cold weather or not hot?

Thank you for reply

Da Lat is known as the City of Eternal Spring.

Read the reviews.    Wikipedia gives a clear picture

In Ha Noi, you will freeze in Winter and sweat in Summer

In Saigon, you sweat.   365 days a year       :unsure

Thank you so much Bazza

Da Lat is awesome.  It's cold to the southern Vietnamese but I was wearing shorts (I'm from Texas).

It has a lot of touristy areas scattered around the region but is light on the night life.  Everything shuts down at 10 PM, even on NY, lol.

Electricity will shut down at 10 pm?

No, just the pubs and clubs...   (night life)

Electricity is 24/7/365

Ok thanks

I don't go to night life hahaha

Good girls go to Heaven      :gloria

Bad girls bring Heaven home...       ;)

Hahahaha

Your words was so philosophical

Why is it that people elect to move to a semi-tropical country with its own customs and cuisine and then immediately seek areas with a different climate.  Additionally, many seek out the availability of their own native foods?  If you like things so much where you came from, why don't you just stay there.  I present this not to be argumentative but to find out why.

Perhaps I find this confusing because I tend to be one who has lived by the rule of "wherever [i] hung my hat was home."

Self-evident truths?   

Appreciation arises from contrasting values

We can only be what we are: a unique individual

..so while there is no way for anyone to be a perfect person,
there are infinite ways for us to become a better one...

We are all measured by the depth of our questions

Dear THIGV
Thank you for your comment

Every person has his reason for moving . Maybe he doesnot have any option ,
all people in the world don't move to enjoy their life as a tourist , most of them move to become able to continue their life like a man.
I should research more that weather of which area is better to me
any country has different areas with  different weather normally , at least a little

I lived in Afghanistan and Iran , in these two countries every city has different weather , for example : in Afghanistan , Bamyan so cold full of snow  most of time in year ( cold city)  ,  but Jalal Abad and Konar so green most of time raining in year ( spring city) and Some other areas so hot most of time in year( hot city)
Iran is like this
I knew semi tropical countries most of areas is hot in year , but I need to find which area has lower temperature .

Dear Bazza

Thank you so much

You as my teacher tell very beautiful words

I hope we can see you soon

Looool

THIGV wrote:

Why is it that people elect to move to a semi-tropical country with its own customs and cuisine and then immediately seek areas with a different climate.  Additionally, many seek out the availability of their own native foods?  If you like things so much where you came from, why don't you just stay there.  I present this not to be argumentative but to find out why.

Perhaps I find this confusing because I tend to be one who has lived by the rule of "wherever [i] hung my hat was home."

Maybe some people dont like hot weather and look for a moderate climate. I can tell you having lived here for 11 years that the cooler climate is very appealing.

Vietnamese have a tendency to gravitate to areas in cities overseas that they can find other Vietnamese and all that comes with it.

colinoscapee wrote:

Vietnamese have a tendency to gravitate to areas in cities overseas that they can find other Vietnamese and all that comes with it.

I was thinking of this the other way around but your are correct.  However the nine largest enclaves of US Vietnamese are in Southern California or Texas.  These are generally warm climate places.  One important distinction is that with the exception of the most recent immigrants, most Viet Kieu in the US (and probably AU) could be said to be only semi-voluntary with respect to their reasons for leaving VN.  Most left under some form of duress.  I need to concede that the OP being from Afghanistan may be in a similar situation.

My general assumption is that with a few exceptions almost all non-Vietnamese in Vietnam, except ethnic groups such as the Khmer who have been there for centuries, are in Vietnam voluntarily.  Still some will always bad mouth the weather and often the food.  I too don't like the air pollution but that is not really weather per se.

I basically agree with THIGV because I think he only mentioned the weather and the food as 2 examples.
But it is also the case that a lot of expats prefer other expat strongholds to be among their peers.
I'm talking about people who are here of one's own free will and not people who have no other choice because of work, for example.

I would not choose a foreign country for a longer stay or to retire and then stay under the same conditions and with the same people as before.
I avoid tourists and expat hotspots or places that are literally flooded by a single country (only as an example, places in Phuket or on Phú Quốc where there are menues in Russian, or Mallorca where there are menues in German).
Even in the past, when I sometimes must visited Asia for business, I avoided restaurants and bars that were full of Caucasians.

I was in Dubai ,it was  too much hot , I vomitted every time I left home because of too much hotness , I felt smell of burned plastic in street even inside of car awfully

Because of this after one week  I came back to Kabul , Kabul has spring weather in summer , we can walk in day out of home easily , most of time I didnot use cooler in summer

weather wise the best place is Bao Loc, that is Lam Dong province, better than Dalat!!!

Thank you so much Peter

I agree!

Lijiang in Yunnan   provi nce  in  China

no HUMIDITY,