Pre approved VISA for Land Crossing at Prek Chak (Ha Tien)

Hi

Were does one get the pre approved letter to cross via a Land Border?  I have checked a fair few online services but the only give Airports as an option.  Does one have to ask a travel agent in Cambodia to obtain one for me or does anyone know which site I should use?

Regards

Disardo

It is well known that the Government Vietnam Immigration department has
offloaded the drudgery of paperwork onto various 'agencies', and while most
offer good service (at varying prices)...

This is the visa agency I prefer.    Fast & efficient, reviews indicate they are the
most reputable. Enquiries are answered promptly and accurately.

Cost for their service is $15 USD.   Note, you must also pay for the visa stamp
at the gate for the time and entries required. 

http://vietnamvisapro.net

Here is the stuff you need to know.   It is the same PROCESS as a VOA, but
called an 'original visa letter' to be presented at the border gate.

DO CHECK to be sure the border gate is an 'International', NOT national, and
because of the ever-changing 'rules', be sure of which gate is the one you can
actually use.    Here is the last advice I received from the agency:

vietnamviapro.net

Important note: We will delivery the original visa letter to your address in 2-3 working days. Please wait then use the original visa letter to show at the border by land only to get visa stamp, can not use visa letter scan by email.
Please follow the guidance below for Vietnam Visa On Arrival processing:
1)  Check your detail information on visa letter (if it is incorrect, please confirm with us immediately)
2)  Prepare 02 passport-sized photos (photos of your face) (4*6cm or similar size)
3)  Download 'entry and exit form' here to fill your information on it to declare it before you get visa stamp.
4)  Bring your Original visa letter with you to show and get visa stamp at the Immigration Desk when re-entering into Vietnam through Lao bao or Moc Bai border.
5)  Prepare some money per person by cash (in USD or VND) to pay for visa stamp fee (paid by yourself upon arrival at the border by land: 25$ for 1 month and 3 month single entry, 50$ for 1 month multiple entry and 3 month multiple entry.
Our contact: Cheap Vietnam Visa , Email: [email protected] , Cell phone: (+84)-962-867-433 or (+84)-966680037. Website: www.cheapvietnamvisa.net

Hope this will set you straight.    :top:

Hi

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I have visited the website and read the FAQ regarding Land Crossings.  However, all links to apply take you to the form which states that     This visa works for air travel only.  How does one get the original letter as mentioned and where is the link to apply online?

Thanks

My apologies for missing the 's' in visa.

If you email your request for a border gate visa[u][i]letter, the agency
will send you the [b][i]same application form as a VOA, which you fill in online
and ask for your postal address, for only the 'Original Visa Letter'  (with red stamp)
should be shown at the border gate you nominate.   I could only use either Lao Bao
or Mac Bai gates, but the 'rules' may have evolved by now, so ask.

[b][i]Please note
the application form[/i][/b] is the same for land, sea or air travel.
Only the 'Original Visa Letter' the agency will supply to you can be used at the border gates they will also advise you to use.   It took me a bit of head-scratching to find
out what they actually mean, but just enquire.   They reply quickly & accurately.

If you do get a visa letter, make sure all your details are 100% correct. Just one letter or number wrong compared to your passport and you could find yourself paying for a full visa cost.

Again, I apologise.  My typing skills cannot compete with Expat's weird ways.

So here is the way I (tried to) send.

Email your request to the www.cheapvietnamvisa.net website asking for a
'border gate visa letter' and they will ask you to fill in the same form
as the VOA used for air travel.  This can be done online. 
You can then pick up the Original Visa Letter from one of their offices,
or get it via post.    Given Viet Nam postal services, pick it up from their office...

Col's words are wise.   Recheck ALL your passport names and numbers.

One mistake and you are history.   Her story applies too...    :o

Hi

Thanks to you both.

In the past I have had many Letters of Approval so I am aware that they must be 100% accurate.  It's just that this time would be the 1st in using one for a land crossing.

BTW - The land crossing I will be using is Ha Tien (Xa Xia) but not sure of what the official name is.  I know it is Prek Chak for Cambodia but that is not relevant in this case as I am traveling into Vietnam.

Regards

Disardo

What length of time are you wanting a visa for?

I am UK Passport Holder and I want a 3 month SINGLE entry VISA,