Need help Immigration to Australia - Application status is 'Received'

This is for the  189 Points tested Skilled Migration

Hi,
Need help/information regarding immigration to Australia. I received an invitation for immigration after  submitting the EOI for 189 Point Tested Skilled Migration. Submitted the initial application with information details (no documents etc) along with the immigration fee. This is by simply following what was there in the invitation link and steps etc. I then waited for sometime for an agent to contact me as I came to know from friends who had done immigration (some time back) that an agent is assigned, he contacts the person (me in this case) and requests for whatever documents are required. In my case, I haven't received any contact yet and it's been around 2 months. However I did receive a message on skill select stating that my invitation will expire if I did not apply. I have in a way done so by submitting the information details and paying the fee as mentioned above and my application is in the 'Received' status. I can also see that there are links for attaching documents and health assessment on the immigration site when I login and view my application. Again, I was told by friends that the health assessment happens, like much later and was not required until the agent asked to submit. I want to know if the process is still the same i.e. an agent will get appointed to interact with me or has it changed and I will need to provide all documents first and then the processing will start or something. I'm kind of lost at this point.

Hi Maarab,

Welcome to expat.com!

Just to inform you that i have merged your first message on your thread here.

Hope someone can help you.

Hi

I have just read your post and would like to give you a link for a website called Australia Forum - this is an excellent place to get all the help and information you need. You can search for links about the Visa you have applied for or create a new link. Many people with experience will give you help and advice and also links to information.

I wish you good luck :)http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/

Are you stating that you have not uploaded your supporting documents yet??
Please do so ASAP and do not wait for a response from the Department. The DOHA officer is not obligated to tender you a Request for further information (RFI), and can refuse the application as it is submitted.

I've uploaded most of them which are other than the police certificate and health certificate. I was confused due to inputs with different people as they mentioned that there is always an officer assigned that requests for documents and these things need to be provided once requested.

Go to the relevant document checklist and ensure you provide adequate certified evidence to support the claims for point in your EOI, in particular skilled employment - aim to provide at least 2 different types of evidience for each period of employment.  Apply for your police clearances and attend to visa health examinations. Don't wait for a response from the Department. On your Immiaccount there should be an estimate of processing times. I would not expect that you will hear from DOHA until close to that time.

Estimated processing time is from 8-9 months with 3 months passed. So I guess since everything is required, I might as well complete whatever I can as you advised. The only part where I am confused now is what documents need to be provided for non migrating members (parents, siblings)? There is a mention of Form 1221 on my application required documents. If you can advise on this please.

This is specific advice to your application which would require a serive agreement for consultation and fees. You've got this far. Go to the Department's website and throughly go through the lists: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Vis … -content-1
Applicant documents
Documents for dependents under 18
Documents for dependents 18 or older
Documents for your partner