How to obtain residence permit in UK

hello and hope everyone is doin fine.
I am Asian married to a British citizen. We got married here last year.  We live in Bahrain for few years now and we are planning to settle to UK for good. I used to get tourist visa to enter UK and i am wondering if its still the same procedures. If yes, how will I apply for my residency in UK? What requirements do I need? and will i be able to get a job there? Tried calling the UK embassy here in Bahrain but they referred us to UAE, we called the number they gave us but they do not have any clue about our concern.

Any advise will be really appreciated! Thanks a lot!

As far as I understand it (and you not being from the EEA area):

You can apply for a Spouse visa (and he will be the sponsor) which will allow you to stay and work in the UK.  After 5 years, you can apply for permanent residence or ILR (Indefinite leave to remain).  And some time period after that, you can apply for citizenship

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

Check the link.  There are strict financial eligibility requirements for your sponsor i.e. your husband as well as time period of marriage. 

From what my friends and family (in similar situation) have told me, the husband needs to go back first, meet the eligibility requirements (Especially financial) and then sponsor the wife to come over - this takes quite a bit of time so be ready for that.