Relocation to Malaga

Hi

My husband and I are considering a relocation to Malaga. We have two young children ( 2 and 4years) and currently live in Galacia. We are English but my husband and two children speak Spanish. I am learning the language albeit slowly! I would really appreciate advice on best areas to rent/buy property and the recommendations on good international schools in that area. I am keen to continue learning Spanish but I would love to meet a network of English speaking ex-pats too. We are a very active family and love everything outdoors.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Siobhan,

It really depends on your needs and your lifestyle. Spanish people prefer to live in bigger cities like Malaga city, where there is a more vibrant atmosphere, while foreigners mostly prefer to live in small towns all around the coast. Regarding schools, since there are many foreigner who settle in La Costa del Sol, there are many international school for your children, so it won't be difficult to find one whenever you go. I heard Saint George school is one of the best in Malaga when it comes to English education (located in Malaga city).

If you prefer to enjoy the city live  surrounded by local people, I would move to Malaga city, but if you want a quiet town with an international environment I would recommend you Benalmadena, Fuengirola or Marbella.