Buying online from UK and shipping it to Malaysia

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience in buying things from overseas and getting them shipped to Malaysia?
I've been looking at getting some things sent over but the more I look into it, the more it looks like I can't do it. The restrictions list is huge and pretty much covers everything you could possibly buy. No clothes, no toys, nothing plastic, no books.
Surely this can't be the case? Is it virtually impossible to get anything into Malaysia, other than say Lazada?
Any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I think you can generally purchase items but anything above RM500 may be subjected to tax. Common sites include: Amazon, TaoBao or other vendors if they have intl shipping to Malaysia. Hope this helps.

Book Depository delivers to Malaysia

Here are some other ideas

http://www.expatgo.com/my/2013/05/03/5- … -malaysia/

One of the issues is some products do not have a licence in Malaysia so they cannot be imported as they have not been safety tested.

iHerb is one supplier where people can run into problems. Make-up and beauty products are other problem items. Health supplements etc. because of licencing issue. Anything Halal should get through though.

There is no minimum value where tax is not paid (although sometimes items get thru or Customs issues just a warning). There are a couple of countries which are banned from having articles imported from them. (Israel is the main one and not quite sure about Serbia)