Got only 3 days to find an apartment in Riyadh.

Hello Everyone:
My Company has decided to give me only 3 days hotel stay after which I have to find my own accommodation in Riyadh.

Guys - Do you think its possible to find an apartment in those many days in Riyadh? Please assist if you know of any agents in Riyadh. I can pay upto SAR 20,000 as annual rent on a 1 BHK flat in an area closest to Al Tahliyah Street. Request you all to help me.

Regards:
Pravir M. Karmokar

Hi Pravir, welcome to the forum... others might be of more help to u but i think 3 days isnt enough to search a house and that too wen u r completely new to this place. also, the amount u mentioned isnt enough to rent a flat in the area

Thanks Shahab:
I dont mind moving a bit away from that area as well but cant change the budget (sadly)!!!

I am trying to get the company to give me 15 days atleast in place of 3 days. But not sure whether that would be possible so am trying to find as many brokers who may help me find a place in a week's time.

Regards:
Pravz.

all the best! i hope someone in the forum help here

Insah-allah

MovinglifetoSaudi wrote:

Insah-allah

u a fast learner ;)

scour the other websites which have a more dedicated classifieds section.. But yeah get more days. 3 days isnt enough..

I am looking at expatriates.com but nothing available there. I am going to try to get more days.

check out the Al Qassr Project by Dar ul Arkan..2 bedroom units for 22 K, brand new bldgs.. integrated housing community with play area, parks and shops.. the only catch is a 30-45 mins drive from Tahliya

kamiii wrote:

check out the Al Qassr Project by Dar ul Arkan..2 bedroom units for 22 K, brand new bldgs.. integrated housing community with play area, parks and shops.. the only catch is a 30-45 mins drive from Tahliya

That project in terms of apartments is a failure, been empty for ages now. Besides it is too far from every where.

I would recommend you to go to Aqari office, they might be able to help you. There is alramal and al rusais apartments on main dabab street adjacent to Chamber of commerce, try your luck there.

Cheers

the various aqari agencies can be helpful, but if you say that you are looking for an apartment for a single guy, it will take some convincing on your part. Take somebody who knows arabic along with you when you do go.

Thank you so much (Oracle, Kamii and RGoblin) for the advice. I look forward to them in the future too.

Yes I will contact the Aqari Agencies as soon as I land there. If you know their numbers or any website that has their numbers, please do share so that I can begin some email exchanges with them and also follow up with them when I land there.
But my family intends to move in with me after 6 months, so dont know whether this would be convincing enough. But I can show them my marriage certificate, if it helps (hope thats not needed)!!!

You need to know arabic or take some one with you who can communicate in arabic, as in saudi it is the only way you are going to find yourself an apartment.

Thanks Oracle. I will try to find someone there to do the talking in Arabic. But I dont know whether it would be that simple.

Is it too hard to find a Studio or a 1 BHK Apartment in a Compound at a rate of 20K - 25K / annum? I would be working on Tahlia Streeet (I think Sulamaniya area). Please advise.

MovinglifetoSaudi wrote:

Thanks Oracle. I will try to find someone there to do the talking in Arabic. But I dont know whether it would be that simple.

Is it too hard to find a Studio or a 1 BHK Apartment in a Compound at a rate of 20K - 25K / annum? I would be working on Tahlia Streeet (I think Sulamaniya area). Please advise.

Depends on type of a compound, but I think what you are looking for is not difficult and just need more time..

Thanks Oracle, I tried to contact a couple of compounds but they do not respond to emails for some reason. So I am dependent on the forum members to help me out with the information I seek.

Forum guys - please tell me if you know of any safe and good compound that would fit my budget!!!

pravir, saudi arabia still lacks in communicating through internet...
my suggestion is, forget about the compounds, u might be wasting time asking abt them... ask about the regular buildings

Shabab .. .whom to ask? There is no information on the net? No brokers listed etc.

there is no information on the net.. you will have to get your hands dirty the old fashioned way.. So either you come down here and take a Arabic speaking fellow to accompany you to the various agencies looking for a flat or ask somebody you know already here, to start looking out for something right now.. another place to check is expatriates.com

(Mods please excuse the link, but then they do have a good classifieds section)

Yes expatriates.com is a good website. Thanks Goblin!!!

Wish there were some centrally air conditioned apartments listings. I think the ones that are centrally air conditioned are way to expensive to maintain thus the dearth.

centrally air conditioned... even i wished to get a palace in 10k... no offense but everything is not possible... choose anyone; misery or luxury ;)

You are more than welcome to email me – I will give you a very helpful contact & I am sure they will find something for you.

Well Shahab:
Trying for the impossible should always be the goal, cause what easy to find is usually not worth it.

Timeflute: I have just emailed you. Request you to give me the contact.

Regards:
Pravz.

Ashame you're not coming in a month or two month's time. I am on the verge of handing ion my notice but means I will be here for at least another month or maybe a bit more.

My place is I think like 28,000 a year and is in a normal building but that was a bit of a score.

I very much doubt you can get a 1br in a compound for 20,000. They mainly start from 40,000 and go up from there.

3 days is a joke. Tell your company to be realistic. I have one month hotel living to find a place.

Thanks Horner. But I plan on landing in Riyadh this Saturday!!!

I will have to do a lot of searching around. Have requested the company to give me atleast 3 weeks before I go on my own. I am waiting and watching this space.