Transfer to India within same company

Hi,

I have a couple of work visa queries relating to working in India within the same company from the UK, if anyone can point me in the correct direction that would be super.

currently looking to be there for ~1 year.

1. i assume is not usually possible to remain paid, and taxed in the UK, but work in India?
2. if #1 is correct, work visa seems to suggest that i would need to become "employed" by the Indian company that sits under our umbrella?
3. are there any 'special' agreements between the UK, and India to make this type of transfer possible... i.e. Tier-2 Intra Company Transfer is possible from India to UK, what about the reverse?

apologies if these questions get asked again, and again... i did do a search, but nothing immediately popped up - this is just the beginning of the work i need to do though!

Ty.

ok, done a wee bit of reading, and i think i need a "work visa" as opposed to a "business visa" ...

i will give the consulate a ring on Monday http://www.vfsglobal.com/India/UK/contact_us.html

Yes you will need a Work Visa, there is a Tax Treaty between India and UK so you will not have to pay tax twice