Saudi Work Visa and Positive TB Quant

Hello friends

I have recently got my medical tests done in UK.

All the results are ok except TB Quant which is positive

My chest x Ray is absolutely clear and there are no scars.

Doctor has stated me “fit for employment” however in medical report against TB he has put “positive TB Quant”

I have two questions

1-Will Embaasy issue me visa in first place knowing TB Quant is positive yet chest is clear

2-Will I have any issues when TB Quant is repeated in Saudi and comes positive or X Ray is considered more conclusive

Friends! I would really appreciate any feedback and this will be very helpful as I am too stressed at the moments.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Ahmad

I am not sure why you had to do Quantiferon test.  The only use of that test is when you have an abnormality in your x-ray and you want to prove that it isn't TB.

Since your x-ray is clear, all that test means is that you are a carrier of TB and if your immune system ever weakens, you will get it sometime in the future or maybe never.

As far as I know, there is no Quant test in Saudi on the in-country medical on arrival - they just do x-ray and decide on the basis of that.  In UAE, they correlate with sputum or Mantoux test, not Quant.  Basically, no one does the Quant test - it's only ever used by individuals as supporting evidence when the x-ray isn't clear.  It is too expensive for government's to do.

The only issue is the Embassy.  Look, the files are looked at by low level bureaucrats who have no idea about most things.  So it can go one of two ways, they don't really care about that comments as the chest x-ray is clear or can return the application asking for an "all-clear" report.