DV for child with different name in passport and BC

Hello all

Need help  , my daughter (she is 5 years old) does not have surname in her passport while the same is present in birth certificate.

All her other Ids like Birth certificate , Aadhar , Bank Passbbok are with the smurname.

So , will the absense of surname in her passport create issue while applying for her DV.

I am applying for D type work permit along with Dependents

Please help .

It can be a problem. Best is to get a new passport with splitting the name. It is a very easy procedure in tatkal scheme.

Hi Aneesh

Thanks for replying , I got to know process is not so simple these days , we need to give Ad in 2 Papers

And As this is a name change tatkal scheme will not ne applied and it will go through a normal process.

And as this is change of particulars case this will take more than usual time

Is there any way we can say that the person in passport and Birth certificate are same and as she is a child , can we expect some sort of leniency  from the Embassy

Thanks in advance :)

Things may go through in the embassy, but once you are here and you register her in Belgian system, second name is a must. They may still register without one, but it will only lead to issues in future.

Eventhough it is a change in particulars, as the name itself is not changing, the process must be straightforward. Didnt know tatkal is not applicable here :( In any case, it wont take more than 2 weeks I guess.

In my opinion, it is better to get this corrected before you apply for visa, so that everything is in order and no future complications.