Looking for tax adviser

Just landed in Deutschland last week - I am looking for tax adviser who can advise me on how and which taxes to be paid by an expat.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is a link to our Handy Tools section, within which is a link to our Business Directory; if you search in there for a tax adviser, you'll get links to what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

If you have residency in Germany then you have to pay tax on all income earned world-wide. There is no difference if one is an expat or not. Thus any official tax advisor should be able to help. Most importantly might be that they speak a language you can communicate in, which I would assume would be English if you are not fluent in German. One would generally assume that with the education needed to be a tax advisor that most would speak English but if not, then find another.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

At the moment there is a post from a tax advisor in Frankfurt. I have no reason to doubt their competency but I would strongly suggest one find one in their home town, which according to the OP profile is Bonn. Yes, theoretically one can use the post for sending documents back and forth but it is not convenient and one can hardly go in to talk about things in person. I've known people who took a tax advisor in a town other than where they lived and it didn't go well. I doubt there is any shortage of advisors in Bonn.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct