Renewal driver's license

Background is that last year I applied for a residence permit.  It was (and continues) to take forever, 14 months and running at this point.  I also needed a driver's license, and the agent who is handling the application for the residence permit managed to get me one even though I was (and am) here on a tourist visa.

The driver's license will soon expire.  Applications for renewal of licenses are now done online at ntsa.ecitizen.  I have an ID there.  When I logon I go to this page
https://ntsa.ecitizen.go.ke/index.php/a … ion/groups

At that page I click on "driving licenses", the only possible choice for what I need.  But when the drop-down menu opens up the only choice is "Foreigners Driving License Endorsement", which is not what I need; I need a renewal of an existing license.

Has anyone had such an experience or have ideas on how to deal with this?  I am about to get with the agent I am dealing with, but thought I would ask here first.

Thanks for any help.  David

I had the same issue while I was waiting for my Class K Permit, because you need your resident ID number before you can have full access to the e-government platform.  My licence expired and (like you), I wasn't able to renew online.  I went to the Huduma Centre and was told that they weren't able to help, because renewals are online only.

I had to wait for my Class K application to be approved and my ID number, so consequently wasn't able to drive for a few months.  Once my ID had been issued I had to visit my local KRA office to update their records and 'tie' the ID and KRA driving licence number, then the e-government platform was able to recognise my licence and I could renew.

Luckily my wife drives - ironically she drives in Kenya on a UK licence because it states on it that she is Kenyan!

I vaguely remember someone, on this forum, saying that going to Times Towers and seeking assistance there was an option.  The alternative is to leave and return, enabling another 3 months, using your 'home ' licence (I am not sure if the same rules apply for US driving licences)

Thanks for the information.

You can easily go to the ntsa offices in Nairobi and they will assist you to get what you need. There's usually no queues and they are very helpful

The agent is working on it, expecting a new license shortly, that office could well be where he is going; thanks for the email.

Hi,

can you please share the details of the agent who is helping you with the driving License as I also need to apply for a driving license.

Regards
Saurabh Rohatgi