TEFL in Hanoi

Hello folks.

I am Samuel, from the US.  My goal at the present oment is to be a teacher in China, but I am not trained as a teacher.

I rode down to Hanoi to get a TEFL; Hong Kong was more expensive, and my visa time was up there.
In my budget now, of about a thousand dollars, I have the dubious option of returning to China, looking for a teaching job as a GED holder; (Does not accurately reflect my precocity;) or getting a TEFL here and now.
In my life, I find the cheapest things are things you don't find and pay for online.

Any physical areas I should check out?
I can train myself on development theory; what I need now is time with the kids.

My mom is an educator, my grandpa is a superintendent. and I have always focused my intelligence towards psychology and literature.  But I look terrible on paper.

I am grateful for any answers.  Budget is stressful, uggh.

My mom is an educator with a master's degree and she wants to be a English teacher but she's never taught English before so to improve her skills she is getting a TEFL here in Hanoi. It costs roughly $1300 including board for the entire program that we chose. They have a guarantee job placement thing as well. Message me for details for the one I chose, otherwise you can look online, I think there's at least 3-4 in Hanoi.

Thank you for the information.  I won't be taking that one at this time.

There are many English teaching schools in Vietnam and various types of teaching jobs. In additiont, there are multitudes of people who are coming to VN to teach or seek other types of employment.

If you want info about teaching in VN, your best option is to get it straight from the horse's mouth and contact the schools directly with a basic CV/resume. Every school has a website or Facebook page.  There are also numerous websites where job ads are posted.

Don't believe everything you hear and don't agree to anything before arriving, but do some research and networking so that when you arrive you have somewhere to start.

If you have a pleasant personality, some common sense and a reasonable level of responsibility, ypu should be able to find something.