New to Leeds

Hello Guys

I am moving to Leeds, UK by this month end. I would like to have your help to understand the city better. I will be working to Postal code LS270WH. Hence I will be looking accommodation near to my work location. Please suggest.

also I would want to understand from expense point of view how this city is compare to London.

Thanks

London is the most expensive place to live in the UK, the more north you travel it becomes chew to live.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

That postcode is in Morley, which is to the South West of Leeds city centre and near to J28 of the M62 motorway; my advice is to use Google to look for accommodation in that area.  It was one of the areas we looked at when we moved here with my job; we decided it wasn't for us, but that was over 20 years ago, so things may have changed.

I concur with SimCityAT regarding the cost of living comparison; the Numbeo website offers a direct comparison; this link will take you to it.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

It does depend on what you mean by understanding the city more?

I have friends that live there and love the city, a short journey you can visit other places of interest.

gr8. Thanks for your reply. what I am looking for for a En-suite how much this city cost if I go to post like LS98BT OR LS14JU.
When I was in London it was cost me 640 pound.

Being_Human wrote:

gr8. Thanks for your reply. what I am looking for for a En-suite how much this city cost if I go to post like LS98BT OR LS14JU.

Not sure what you mean by En-suit? Do you want a flat or house shared with an En-suite?

sorry for any confusion. I am looking for a single room with private bathroom.

Being_Human wrote:

That first postcode is by the West Yorkshire Playhouse and just across the road from the main bus station, so would be OK for a commute out to Morley; the second postcode is in Leeds City Centre; close to the train station, you can get a train out to Morley.  In terms of cost, I'd say that comparing 3 identical properties, that the one in Leeds City Centre would cost the most, followed by the one by the bus-station, lastly Morley would be the cheapest.

There are apartments to rent in the West Point apartment block; this link will take you to the advert.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Cynic for your valuable response. I am going through the various real estate sites along with what you have provided. really appreciate your response.
would you mind to check following property as it looks more cheap and little bit less travel time
Click Here

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't see your link until you make a couple more posts (it's a restriction that the software puts on new joiners to prevent scammers).

The link I gave you was certainly expensive; West Point is a relatively new development and I only gave it to you as you intimated that you had paid more previously in London (so was within your budget).  There are many other properties/apartments you can rent on a short-term basis.  Google will reveal them to you; we also have a housing section at the top of this page that may help you find something.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

OK - I can now see your link; looks OK; I've lived in far worse.  My only negative comment would be that it's on the wrong side of Leeds to get to Morley, you'd have to get the bus in, then change to another bus - would be a pain and increase your commute costs.

A relatively new thing I've found is a crime report for the UK; it's on the Police UK website and you can get to it by following this link.  You just enter your post-code, then zoom into the bit you're interested in; it will give you a flavour of what the area is like in terms of anti-social behaviour.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks Cynic this input will defiantly helps.  Will request more information if required 
thanks a lot