"Marriage of a non citizen to a citizen of Mauritius" requirements

Hello everyone,

I am planning to enter Mauritius on a marriage visa sometime within the next three months. I see that on the requirements listed on this page:

http://csd.pmo.govmu.org/English/regist … gners.aspx

I am required to have a "certificate of character/morality from country of residence." What is the equivalent of this in the US? Would an FBI background check count to show that I have a crime-free history during my time in each of the places I have lived? Or is there a specific document, similar to an apostille, that acts as a coverall?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Dude,  you much pretty need a clearance certificate from the police department which would state if you have a criminal record or not whether or not if that record is now cleared.

You'll need to get any official us government issued documents that you intend to submit in support of the process Apostilled by the state department (basically the issuing department will understand once you explain the intention of the request) or equivalent i.e marriage certificate, birth certificate, education certificates etc... Other than that the process is pretty straight for US passport holders. PM me if you need more info

Andy

Hello Andy
I'll be grateful if u can help me too.
My fiance is from California and we having hard time with document.
Basically here they ask " marriage certificate with annotation of divorce"
We couldnt get it from the county in US.
Is there a different name for it just like morality certificate is called police clearance Check.

Thanks a lot

Regards
Vanisha