Cell phone plans in punta cana

Hello
I have searched through the thread but mostly old and not for punta Cana. Can anyone tell me the best cell phone plan/company for the punta Cana area and for traveling both to other countries and within USA. We have internet already and would use WhatsApp most of the time but still need phone service while in DR and traveling. Thanks.

Same plans there as everywhere here. Claro, Altice, Viva. Using a cell phone internationally will be expensive!

Get Whatsapp can save money. Many people are hooked up & it works well for me, photos,videos, video calls. voice to text etc.   Fine for me with just personal calls.   Magic jack is great too.  Don't need a plan, just buy some minutes.  With Whatsapp there are no fees, international calls are free also. Not  as mobile as I would like, but network connections are all over the island. It isn't the end all or be all, but great for most stuff.

Tinker you need to read his post. He has whatsapp.

Lo & Behold Planner, you are correct!  My P.P. C.S.S. is the cause of this under-sight.  Oh Yes,  ppcss stands for piss poor, can't see shit vision.   For those of you who don't get it,  under-sight is a pun. .........

Now you cracked me up darlin.......