Trip to Madain Saleh

Hi people,

Returned last night with wife from a trip to Madain Saleh. Its something everyone in Saudi Arabia has to experience. Was very good and lot of fun too

yeah I have heard it is one great place to go.. so dont you require some sort of permission or something?
Why dont you tell us how you got there? There is bound to be people who dont know how, where the place is.

lets see some pics, mate

RedGoblin wrote:

yeah I have heard it is one great place to go.. so dont you require some sort of permission or something?
Why dont you tell us how you got there? There is bound to be people who dont know how, where the place is.

Yeah your right about that part. It does require a special permit to go which you can get from the museum in Al Ula. We went as part of a package organised by an expat lady. It included air tickets from Riyadh to Medina and the subsequent transfers to hotel, permits, hotel rooms, guide, meals etc.

Its a lovely landscape, reminding almost everyone of some old western  movie.

Have taken something like 700 pictures on the trip so will have to go through to weed out the bad ones. Will post some of them then.

Can you please give us the name of the organizer of the trip?  At least tell us what tour company.

AngelRosalita wrote:

Can you please give us the name of the organizer of the trip?  At least tell us what tour company.

Seconded.

With my friends we had planned to go there by our pick-up but some people told us that no one goes there and it may be a dangerous trip for us.  Because of that we had cancelled our trip.. Sharing your experience will be an invaluable thing for us..

Hi,

We used this travel group to organize the trip for us.
http://www.classicculturetours.com/?page_id=71

It could be unsafe if you go on your own but if you are with a group then its all safe, since there is a police patrol with you all the time.

From what I understand you can only travel with a group. (I could be very wrong but that was the impression I got)

mirfarali wrote:

Hi,

We used this travel group to organize the trip for us.
http://www.classicculturetours.com/?page_id=71

It could be unsafe if you go on your own but if you are with a group then its all safe, since there is a police patrol with you all the time.

From what I understand you can only travel with a group. (I could be very wrong but that was the impression I got)

You can go alone and ask the hotel to sort your permit. You don't need a group.