Vehicle

Hey All,
My wife and I brought both of our vehicles from Honduras.
My question is what is the oldest vehicle I am allowed to bring in?
I have researched and can not find it.
One is a 2002 Toyota Tacoma and the other is a 2013 Kia Serranto.
My wife was just told that Toyota was too old, but it looks brand new.

There was  talk of having a 'cut off' date for an imported vehicle, but whether or not it passed I'm 'not sure'.
This article, in Spanish, says the vehicle must be no older than 12 years, but suggest you check it out further.

Here is a link to the import costs

Sorry to say, it won't matter how good a condition it is in.

I dunno. I have a 99 that was brought in, in 2014 or 2015 (by the seller) and so it was 16 years old or so, at that time. Whether the law has changed or not, I don't know. I'd ask a used car sales place.

I found this, so there may  be hope....

kohlerias wrote:

I found this, so there may  be hope....

From the article:
"The measures are intended to lower air pollution, more than 80 percent of which is produced by motor vehicles in the case of Costa Rica.

The restrictions mean that as of January vehicles older than model year 2002 would be restricted from import, though when the restrictions will actually take effect was not immediately clear.

According to Riteve, the company that holds the government concession to provide annually required vehicle inspections in the country, the average age of vehicles traveling on Costa Rica's roadways is 16 years."

It is good that CR is concerned about pollution, yet it boggles my mind that with the strict Riteve inspections I still get behind trucks and cars BELCHING FUMES every time I get on a freeway or highway!

I figure either some RTV employees are taking a lot of chorizo, or many truck and car owners just never get inspections and never get caught.

My car is well over 15 years old but has no exhaust fumes and passes RTV every time. So I wonder what the real deal is with not wanting to bring older cars in?

https://translate.google.ca/translate?h … rev=search

Not sure why, it remove my text.  Does any have any valid links to value of vehicles?

Sorry, my second post wasn't clear.  I was looking for the CR government value site.  I wanted to see how much they valued my vehicles at for tax purposes.

Well Damn ...... sorry about that!

Try this site Then go to this one, 2nd paragraph. Autovalor where you will have to fill in the blanks.