Cloth shopping for tall europeans

being an European and having had no issues in previous countries, however it seems to be an issues to find cloth and shoes leisure and business cloth for people above 190cm and shoes sizes above 43, perhaps someone might know a few place which have stocks available for tall people.

any advise appreciated.

cheers
h.

Actually, it's really hard to find clothes for tall people in Asia, so i believe, you should consider internet shops to check, like brickandportal

Although Vietnamese will maybe never have the average height of Europeans, they are getting taller and some will be quite tall.  I think it is mostly dietary.  I had one person tell me that it was because of the introduction of milk from large collective farms to the diet in the 90's.  I have had several middle schools students taller than I.  As they become adults, their clothing needs will be met  and there will be more options available for taller individuals.  It may take a few more years, however, which won't solve your present need.

thanks for your reply to the post,

I prefer seeing and trying the cloth, internet shopping cloth is not for me.

thanks anyway

Clarks and Bata occasionally have size 45... Aldo biggest size is 44...
For shirts/tshirts you could try Benetton or GAP...

thanks Melisa,

both do not carry any stock at present,

thanks anyway

shirt and others, I was referring to business attire

This is a late response but your best bet is probably towns like Hoi An where you can get clothes and footwear made to measure and at prices far less than their 'western' off-the-shelf counterparts. Last time I was there I had a suit, two silk dress shirts, 3 linen dress shirts made for less than 150 USD. Full leather dress shoes can be made for 25 to 55 USD (depending on style, colour and type of leather etc.

ScriptShack wrote:

... you can get clothes and footwear made to measure....

This thread was a little confusing at first until you realize that the OP meant clothes (already made) as opposed to raw cloth.  Of course cloth shopping for tall Europeans is not particularly difficult as you may simply buy an extra 50 cm or so depending on what you are making.

One thing to watch on custom shoes is the type of last.  Most local cobblers will have Asian lasts which have a low arch both bottom and top.  The nominal size for length and width may be OK for you but the shoes may feel tight across the top if you have a high arch.  Check the last carefully and be sure the maker understands the problem before you commit.

The Last size issue makes sense (given the different market). I've had 2 pairs of shoes made and my wife has had 3 pairs of shoes and a pair of ankle boots made in Hoi An (cost was 35 USD for shoes, 45 USD for the boots). Most are now over three years old and still going strong.
My wife did have a problem with her boots regarding tightness over the top arch of the foot but this was corrected after the first 'fit' and the leather stretched to accommodate the adjustment required.

I guess this is one of the benefits of bespoke clothing and footwear; they fit perfectly and most places offer a 'if you don't like it, you don't pay' type of incentive. Competition for business is fierce, which helps to keep retail prices to a sensible level.

...no idea, even though I'm Vietnamese. TT_TT
Try "quần áo ngoại cỡ Hà Nội" (big side clothing in Hanoi) on google and here the result: Vietbrothers, M2, Ankyo, B&T

My word with the great tailored items you can get here so cheap I would not even worry about it. I thought the same thing and had the same problem. But now I have everything custom made.