Looking to move from US to Cancun

I'm hoping to be able to move from Michigan in the US to Cancun soon!  I am a single 28 year old female and I know it could be more of a risk for me based on everything I hear that can potentially happen in Cancun. I'm looking for advice on how to pull off moving sooner rather than later as I know it could take years to get any type of visa or permanent residency. Also, looking for advice on the safest area in or around Cancun to live and the best way to find work. There is so much I have read online and I'd rather speak with someone that has been in a similar situation as me to give the best advice.

Also, are there any tips on how to know whether you can trust someone or not there. I had met someone when I visited a few weeks ago but unsure of their sincerity.

Thanks in advance!

Hey! So my wife and I are in similar situations. We are moving to Cancun in July. I'm 28 and she's 26. We are teachers and we found positions down there.

Anyways, if you end up moving down get in touch! We do not know anyone at all and are driving from Virginia (Washington D.C.), quit our jobs here and are bringing our dogs with us. It's definitely a leap of faith but are really excited about it.

I'll be going back down in September to hopefully nail down a plan. I'd love to connect with you and your wife!

There is a facebook group, cancun expats. When I was there in February I was able to meet lots of people at their gathering which they have if not every week then once every 2 weeks.  I suggest you join the facebook group. I friended Frank Tocco and Peter Iannarone who seemed to be the 2 main guys putting the gathering together.

Thank you! I actually just joined yesterday so I'll take all that into consideration when I get down there.

I am in Playa del Carmen, recently arrived, and so far, I am loving the move, and everything around me.  Not sure if you are looking to work, but I work remotely as an online teacher of Spanish and English.  My only regret is... I shudda' moved sooner!   Welcome

I am looking for work and haven't had much luck yet. I'll have to wait and see when I get down there more than likely.

hello
congrats on the jobs, where are you going to work ?

be carefun when traveling thru tamaulipas, 
specially the border, i"m impress that you'd drive
for what I have hear from friends I wouldnt drive but
if you do try to only drive during day hours
and if possible not in tamaulipas, better use Nuevo Leon

mexicans in the south of tamaulipas going  to the north border/ usa
travel through Nuevo Leon

take care