Expat Dentist

Hello Guys recently i was offered a dentist job in mauritius in a private dental clinic, i am an experienced dentist over 5 years of experience.
employer offering me 35,000 MUR / 1000 USD , housing facilities , one economy flight for home . entitlement of 20% share of profit after a certain income ceiling every month.

IS IT A OKAY SALARY FOR DENTIST IN MAURITIUS ?? i mean is the island so cheap to survive and live decent life on 35000 MUR ? Kindly guide me.

The first question is 'would I be allowed to practice under these conditions in Mauritius'?
The answer seems 'No' since you're only earning 35,000 MUR a month as salary. The second hurdle is obtaining clearance from the Medical and Dental Council.

My take : irrespective of how much dentists earn on the island, the salary level is too low to get an Occupation Permit.

Nadeem isn't the occupational permit a responsibility of employer ?

what i was concerned from my side is the 35k Mur decent enough to start in mauritius? or should i negotiate with employer to raise the salary.

Nadeem was trying to saying a pay of MUR 35,000 per month won't get you an occupational permit in Mauritius. That's because expats are expected to earn a minimum of MUR 60k per month before getting the permit, except for jobs in IT with a minimum of 30k.

thanks @donzee

You're welcome.

Exactly. Sorry for not being that explicit.
Thanks Donzee