New in the land

Hi all,
I am new in Holland/Belgium, am actually thinking about living in Liege although I am working in Holland,Maastricht.

I have been told that accomodation and life in general is cheaper in Liege, but haven't got a clue, so some feed back would be appreciated on this.

Although I have travelled extensevily in my life, people seem rather unehlpfull here, not as in South Africa where everyone helps everyone around, people seem much more to their own, whereas we seem to be a more friendly nation, but I guess that all comes slowly and with time.

Another question I have is if I can exchange my South African Driving permit for a Belgium one??......and how or where could I go about doing this, if someone does know please do tell me.

I am also looking for a furnished room/small flat, one bedroom is enough, so if you do know of something I will really appreciate it.

You can contact me on my cell 0686075150 (Maastricht)

Hi Mano!
Welcome in the limburg (south belgium and south netherlands)
About your driving licence, you wil go to municipality of liège if your country is in the list, it's possible to change your south africa licence and get belgium. Unfortunality, it's not possible to change your driver licence in netherlands!

Hi Mano, could an American license be exchanged for Belgian?