Single Status

Dear members,

I am about to get married and just came to know that your contract should mention your status as married to bring family here.
When i first saw the contract i thought it was related to my marital status and did not understood the exact meaning of it.
So now my question is can i still bring my wife after marriage.

Any quick response will be highly appreciated.

I apologize if topic related to this was already posted before. I tried to look for it but could not find exactly. Can the contract be changed? What options do i have in this situation?

Hi gautampaul,

It is entirely up to your employer to grant or not grant you family status.

This would be dependent on your job, the designation and your salary.

What is mentioned in your job contract can always be amended, since it is only between you and your employer; no third-party is involved.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the reply. So I assume it's UpTo employer and if they want they can change the contract and status even after I was given a contract. I just want to know one more thing that if they knew that I am going to be married in couple of months and still they gave me a single status and later willing to change the status to family. So did they save anything by offering me this contract or they will end up paying even more as they have to go through the overall process again. I am working here as an structural engineer with the employer.

Hi gautampaul,

By giving an employee family status, the company would, of course, incur additional expenditure.

Expenditures for the company such as the visa fee, airfare, medical insurance for all the family members. Besides whatever other extras have been discussed and agreed upon between the employer and the employee, such as accommodation, et al.