A website to order things like vitamins, nutritional drinks?

I'm only used to how things are in the West (a la amazon.com hehe)

But how about in Viet Nam?  Which website, small or big, that we can order things like vitamins or dietary/nutritional drinks such as Ensure, that we can use in Viet Nam?  I know Asia may have its own versions of these things, so that could be a possibility also, once I know what those Vietnamese or Asian versions are called.  So for now, I would be thinking in terms of the American names that I know, which are daily vitamin supplements or drinks like Ensure/Glucerna, etc

Or maybe there is a chain store I can get them from. 

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

You can buy those nutritional drinks online from www.lazada.vn or from www.tiki.vn.

Most likely these products and other similar ones are readily available in most chain stores (E-mart, Lotte, Aeon, MM Mega Market, Vinmart etc. etc.) and in some select stores that keep imported items, here in HCMC.

Cheers!

We (my wife and I) used 'lazada' to purchase a couple of phones and some bookshelves. Other than that, I haven't gotten anything else from them but I was happy with the service, the product quality, and the prices.
I have heard that lazada is Asia's version of Amazon. You can find just about anything you want there but, you should be aware, that they will deliver COD only; there are no other payment options that I am aware of ... but I could be wrong so do your homework.

Thanks for the info.  These two sites look promising as well as knowing some other local chain stores or local stores that may have them.

Thanks everyone!

I looked at the above sites and I will stick with Amazon. I get shipments from Amazon monthly and have never had any issues.

Vagabondone wrote:

I looked at the above sites and I will stick with Amazon. I get shipments from Amazon monthly and have never had any issues.

Can you please explain?
Do they send from USA?
Have you registered with a American billing address and a Vietnamese shipping address?

You can have many things shipped directly to Vietnam. In general I use my US shipper. Amazon ships directly to them and it is airlifted out each Tgursday night and I receive at my house the following Tuesday. Hope that helps. If you have more questions let me know.

Vagabondone wrote:

You can have many things shipped directly to Vietnam. In general I use my US shipper. Amazon ships directly to them and it is airlifted out each Tgursday night and I receive at my house the following Tuesday. Hope that helps. If you have more questions let me know.

I think as a private person and non-US-citizen it is easier, faster and cheaper to order from Lazada.vn or Sendo.vn.
I would have to order from Amazon via services like viaddress.com, shipito.com, myus.com or bongous.com.

Do not know why. I have never heard of those places. I am an individual not a business. But you may be right. I looked at the Lazard's and the other one and found I hard to navigate as opposed to amazon and found nothing that appealed to me. But I use Amazon for spices , American cooking items, quality clothes that fit etc. size 12 shoes are hard for me to get here.
There was once an  outfit in HCM that billed themselves as Amazon. VN. I stopped by and there were a few people in an office ordering from Amazon.

Maybe there'll be a new Amazon.vn soon.  :)

https://kinhdoanh.vnexpress.net/tin-tuc … 19075.html

Wow! That would be great but they'll have to make it available in English.

Lazada, and ensure you can find most supermarkets.

I thank you very much Vagabondone for actively participating in this thread. You provided very good information, thank you. I am USA citizen, new in Vietnam and going through a cultural shock!
Please can you tell us who is your shipper from the USA and please give us their contact info in the USA and in HCMC Vietnam. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Will be glad to give to anyone that wants to PM me. They get kind of testy here on the forum about dealing with business names etc. They seem to be sleeping now but those little mods wake up once in awhile.

drutter wrote:

Wow! That would be great but they'll have to make it available in English.

Sorry Drutter but there is no English webpage with this imformation.
But I use the Google Translate service, because I can't read Vietnamese.  :sosad:

The Google Chrom browser has an integrated Google Translate.
If you use the Firefox browser you can install the add-on "InTranslater" with use the Google Translate or the Microsoft Translate engine (to my knowledge the only 2 which can translate Vietnamese).

Manually via https://translate.google.com/, if you change the text a little (upper or lower case, add or omit punctuation, line break, etc.) you will get quite useful translations.

I m the one ưsually ỏder/buy things from amazon too as the way you do; may i know how much per lbs for the Cosmetics shipping fee?

No sure who Johnimee is addressing the question on shipping cost to. But I pay $5 a kilo airlifted and deliveredto my door. To Sai Gon it is $4 a kilo. But I ship from Dallas. There are shippers on the West coast, like San Jose that ship for actad under $2. I pay the extra because my shipper is SO good and he has a good relationship with custom. They pack so well as well. Not advocating for them at all. Just trying to explain why I am willing to pay more.

5$/kg is so cheap; u mean this is the fee for door to door shipping?

Yes. And it is so well packed that they could fly over your place and drop it out of a plane and nothing would be damaged. The only thing I would caution about are things that could get crushed by customs. They open the packages and reuse them. But once I had several packages of Lays potatoes chips that I think they thought was packing material. They were crushed to nothing. But the shipper replaced them free of charge. But I do not order things like that anymore without telling the shipper to put them in a seperate box within the box

Are all customs formalities usually handled by the mail order company?
Is there are duty free allowance in Vietnam?

And I should have mentioned the shipper will gather your things from all your vendors and hold them there until you tell them to ship. I usecto have Amazon Prinecand things arrived quickly. But if you do not keep Prine it is snail mail.

Just contacted them today and they charge 9$/kg. Its too expensive bro. My agent charge me cheaper than that one. Time to deliver thing to ur play in Việt Nam is from 12-14 days.

Really! That is surprising. Maybe I need to check how much Ihave been charged. There is a firm in San Jose that is much cheaper. I can get that info for you

Thanks bro; cause i buy alots things from us then i need to ship it here as cheap as can; otherwwise cant compare with the things made in china and imported here

Going back to the OP, I've recently downloaded the NOW.VN app and you can order vitamins and what have you off there. That might be worth a look.

Understand. I do not do any of it for a business so the shipping cost are not important to me. I will get that other companies info for you

vagabondone, do you pay custom fees too? I guess I get ripped off as I pay 12$/kg 🙈

No that is an all-in fee. But the gal in California is cheaper. But a bit throwers-off. Very difficult to work with her. Just trying to get the means to pay is like pulling teeth.

Vagabondone, greetings! Thank you for active participation in this Expats" forum. Please how can I PM you? Do you mean like via a Private Message?  How?
To give me your shipper information??? Thank you very much.

Just click on my avatar and it will direct you to the private message area

Great! Thank you very much. I am sorry! I am new to all this thing!

Not a problem. I was new to sex at one time. Once someone steered me in the right direction I caught on.