Income taxes in Georgia

Hello,

I'm interested in moving to Georgia and have a question about income taxes. I've asked Georgians about this and I can't seem to get a clear answer.

It seems that income tax is taken directly from the employer and that Georgians do not need to file income taxes as we do in Western countries. Is this true?

My employer is not located in Georgia, but I'm able to work via the internet, so it's possible for me to move there. In this case, am I responsible for paying income taxes? One Georgian told me I wouldn't have to pay, another said I'd "probably get away without paying anything." Is anyone else in this situation and what has been your experience?

Thank you.

I recommend you to take a look at the revenue website (https://rs.ge).

They put a large set of Q&A about things like that. There are some boring official tax documents about that in the website, since some information may be outdated, I'd recommend to check latest news about tax laws. I'm aware government introduce important tax benefits laws in the last 2 years, such as reduced taxes for small business owners to pay 1% up to 300k GEL, which is simply great.