Rentals from South Africa

Hi everyone,

Good to be on the forum. Im 32 years old and will be immigrating with my wife who is a British citizen.
I do qualify for a Shenzhen visa and once I am in the Netherlands I can apply for a work permit. We have a solicitor in Holland assisting us with our work permits but my issue is finding accommodation to to show I have a place to stay for my Shenzhen visa to be approved.

How can I find a property to rent while being in South Africa? Im happy to sign a lease. We just looking for short term accommodation as we will continue the search once our furniture arrive in the country. We are flying out on the 4th of June. We also need dog friendly accommodation as we bringing our furry kids with. Ideally looking for something in or around Amersfoort. Away from the city centres but close to public transport.

Anyone know of a company, agency that can assist with this? its quite urgent.

Thanking you all in advance.

Regards
Charl

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

A Schengen visa is for a short-term stay (less than 90 days) and is of no use to you if you are intending to emigrate from SA to NL.

Your wife as an EU citizen and a holder of a UK passport is (at the moment) entitled to live and work anywhere in the EU; I say at the moment because Brexit may well change that in the future.

You need to apply for a Spouse resident permit; the details about which are available on the Dutch Government (IND) website; this link will take you there.

Please read the link I've provided and follow the steps at the bottom of the webpage; you may well find you don't need a lawyer.

Once you've read through the link, please come back to us if you have any further specific questions.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

Thanks so much for your reply and also for the link. It makes more sense. I think
The person that prepared my documents for my visa, didn't do it correctly so I am going to refer them to this page.

I'll let you know if I am not winning.

Thank again for your help

Regards
Charl