Looking for a job in UK

I would like to job in UK? Anyone share your experience in finding job outside UK. Looking forward to hear from you guys. Thanks for your contribution.

To be honest I think you may find it hard to get work in UK now with UK looking to leave the EU and toughening up on immigration rules now.
However try a Google search.

Increasingly, successfully obtaining a job in the UK involves your particular skills.  For example; in the health sector, foreign workers are frequently hired to fill skills gaps.

An unfortunate spin-off from Brexit, has been an increase in xenophobia, racism and so on, coupled with a resentment of 'foreigners taking our jobs',jobs which in reality the British can't or won't do!  As a result, its not quite as comfortable for foreigners as it used to be.

Well, that problem I think the UK government should solve for the unemployment. However, the goverment can  get foreigners want to be hired in UK because they are good labours, contribute into development. By the way i graduated from university related of accounting but I have one strong desire is to work overseas.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Assuming you're a Vietnamese citizen, getting a work visa is problematic because you can only get a job from the published "shortage occupation list".  The list is available on the UK Gov website; this link will take you there.

You need to apply for a job that is for a profession displayed on that list; your future employer then has to sponsor your application for a work visa.  Work visas are only temporary in nature and while you can apply for permanent residence at the end, you may well have to leave the UK at the end of it.

As for xenophobia etc; that has always existed to varying degrees in the UK, what has changed is that social media has made it much more visible (and shocking).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks Cynic. I searched job in shortage occupation list dont have accountant.

Cynic,

While I agree that social media has made xenophobia worse, as people believe that they can hide behind an online identity, its also made its way 'out there' into the real world.

Since the Brexit vote, my Kenyan born daughter (she is a British citizen) has been told to 'go home'.  My older (also Kenyan born) daughter's neighbours no longer talk to her.  In Manchester, my wife (also a British citizen) has had similar comments, while out and about plus experiencing someone driving at her on a pedestrian crossing, while shouting xenophobic comments. 

Sadly this seems to come primarily from older people who seem to imagine that Brexit means rekindling the Britain of old;  'More tea vicar?', pootling down country lanes in your Austin 7, cream teas and so on.  Unfortunately, I believe that they are rather mistaken!

My personal experience is that the Brexit vote has appeared to make people (mistakenly) think that it's OK to be nasty to foreigners of all brands.

The Brexit vote made UK become a hard place to stay. it seems UK lost many things when join in Brexit and its currency no more dominance in the market. But I have to thank this because I will have more opportunities to study overseas.

Hello Leduytam, 

I am afraid, as far as your academic and professional profile is concerned, it is almost impossible for you to get a prospective employer to file an application for your employment at the home office justifying your work permit.

I suggest you consider countries like New Zealand, Australia and Canada where immigration is open for Accounting, Economics related fields and all the information is available on the respective sites. 

The second area you may explore is to take up employment in a country like Saudi, Qatar, Bahrain or UAE for a couple of years with a multinational organisation before moving to the above countries.

The third and the easiest option is to apply for a master's degree course in a country like Germany where education is completely free and you have permission to work part time to cover your living expenses, after completing two year course you will be given 18 months visa to look for a job, upon getting a job you could legally work and stay there. :)

Many thanks riazcdki.