Starting the process of moving to Albufeira -what to keep

Good day,
My husband and two teenagers hope to move to Albufeira within the next six months looking to open a hostel/b&b. Might have found it- exciting! I know I will need to sell all of my appliances but things like my Dyson vacuum cleaner I think would be fine with a converter? May I take garden pots & such? I seem to have read somewhere that nothing that has touched the soil may come in to the country. I am looking to have everything shipped from CA to Faro -I must imagine they open the container and do a thorough inspection- any advice on what we may not bring would be helpful.  Also, if you are familiar with Albufeira -If we bring a car, this space that we found does not have a place for a car, what do people do with their cars? I know there is a city garage rt next to this home do people rent from there?

Let your day be magnificent,
Deirdre

Kvetch69 wrote:

Good day,
My husband and two teenagers hope to move to Albufeira within the next six months looking to open a hostel/b&b. Might have found it- exciting! I know I will need to sell all of my appliances but things like my Dyson vacuum cleaner I think would be fine with a converter? May I take garden pots & such? I seem to have read somewhere that nothing that has touched the soil may come in to the country. I am looking to have everything shipped from CA to Faro -I must imagine they open the container and do a thorough inspection- any advice on what we may not bring would be helpful.  Also, if you are familiar with Albufeira -If we bring a car, this space that we found does not have a place for a car, what do people do with their cars? I know there is a city garage rt next to this home do people rent from there?

Let your day be magnificent,
Deirdre

When we were planning a move to Sao Marcos de Sera, we were going to take everything, including domestic pets and horses!
Taking garden pots is a bit like ‘taking coals to Newcastle' (english expression).  There are ceramic places all over.  The area around Porches, not too far from Albufeira, has a particularly high density of outlets and manufacturing.

A question though, if you want to open a hostel/b&b, why no parking?  I ALWAYS hire a car while there.  I can't imagine staying anywhere that doesn't have parking on the doorstep...🤔

Regards