Living in Malta

Hi Fellow Filipinos,

Question:

Is it okay to live there in malta with famliy?

What are the pros and cons before living there?

What are considerations that I need to know?

Like Education and Healthcare are they free for expat?

Thanks guys.

YengRoda wrote:

Hi Fellow Filipinos,

Question:

Is it okay to live there in malta with famliy?

What are the pros and cons before living there?

What are considerations that I need to know?

Like Education and Healthcare are they free for expat?

Thanks guys.

You will not have healthcare and education unless you are employed and for that you would need  work permit.

Ray

Hi,

My name is Christian, I am originally from Malta but have been living in Ireland for the last 10years due to work and studying.  I have a friend of mine who is considering relocating to Malta and since I know that things have changed drastically over the last 10years I cannot give him accurate advice.

Can anyone please give me an idea of how much money is required monthly for a family of 4 (2adults and 2kids) to live in Malta nowadays?  I have heard a variety of figures and I would like a realistic one that includes food, bills and everyday expenses.  It's easy to get an idea about accommodation prices but quite hard to figure out a realistic sum to live at an average European standard.

Thank you very much in advance to all those who will contribute to this,

Regards,

Christian

chrimic5 wrote:

Hi,

My name is Christian, I am originally from Malta but have been living in Ireland for the last 10years due to work and studying.  I have a friend of mine who is considering relocating to Malta and since I know that things have changed drastically over the last 10years I cannot give him accurate advice.

Can anyone please give me an idea of how much money is required monthly for a family of 4 (2adults and 2kids) to live in Malta nowadays?  I have heard a variety of figures and I would like a realistic one that includes food, bills and everyday expenses.  It's easy to get an idea about accommodation prices but quite hard to figure out a realistic sum to live at an average European standard.

Thank you very much in advance to all those who will contribute to this,

Regards,

Christian

Hi and welcome to the Forum :)

Instead of posting on someone else's thread, you would be better off starting a new thread with the appropriate title for a better response.

Thank you and my apologies, I felt it was related..Will do what you've kindly recommended, thanks again,  Christian

@foxglove I have a job offer in malta. Thanks for your answer. :)

I like the question of Christian. Can someone answer that also.

Thanks guys.

YengRoda wrote:

@foxglove I have a job offer in malta. Thanks for your answer. :)

I like the question of Christian. Can someone answer that also.

Thanks guys.

His questions will be answered on the right topic not on this one.

I'm new to this an I apologized already as I felt that the post was about living in Malta and my question is related to  it..For that I apologize once again YengRoda.  I have posted my question as a new post and if someone will kindly answer me I will let you know.  Dear GozoMo I understand if I upset you in some way by posting on YengRoda's page, as I said I'm new to this trying to help a friend, and I apologize once again.  I would highly appreciate your input please if you feel you could help by answering my question, considering that YengRoda feels it is relevant and so it would definitely be of help to both of us.  Thank you, Christian

You have not upset me but it was mentioned by another adviser about setting up a new topic which hopefully you will get some answers to.