Question about job applications during tourist/visiting friends visa

Hello everyone,

I'm living in India and I would like to work in The Netherlands as Expat. I will soon do job applications. That brings me to my next question:

- Is it allowed to go to Netherlands to visit my girlfriend (fiance) by tourist/visiting friends visa and then do job applications from there? Or is this prohibited?

And my next question: How did you apply for jobs? Did you do any interviews from distance or were you already present in The Netherlands?

Gr
JMCK

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

What nationality is your girlfriend?

Cynic
Expat Team

hello,

my gf is dutch

gr.

OK, well assuming you're in a "long-term and exclusive relationship" and aiming to live together, then perhaps you should consider whether you would qualify to apply for one of those visas.  The details are published on the Dutch Government IND website; this link will take you there.

I would not recommend to anybody, doing what you were contemplating.  Yes, there is nothing to stop you coming to Holland to look around for a job, but nobody would be able to employ you and you'd have to go back to your home country to apply for your work visa and go through the MVV process, all of which would take time (and money).

In general, people who apply for jobs from overseas, unless they have a unique skill that is desperately needed in Holland and nobody else is available to do it, are really wasting there time and effort.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team