Import and Export.

Hi Everyone,

I am foreigner. permanent resident in  Brazil past 6 years. I would like to start Export business,Brazil to another countries. Actually confused  about documentation.

1.  I dont know how to take import and export licence here in Brazil.
2. Maybe have import and export licence. Have any tax for paying government monthly. How much?
3. If export (food materials) Brazil to another countries need to pay tax or not. how much?

Please anybody answer questions.

Thanking you,
Arru.

I can assist you with this.

1.  I dont know how to take import and export licence here in Brazil.
You need to have a company in Brazil to apply for the RADAR. There is a huge waiting list for the RADAR as many Brazilians are trying to enter this business. After you open your business, you will need to submit the documents to SICOMEX and apply. I would give it at least 1 year wait as the waiting and process time is very long now.

2. Maybe have import and export licence. Have any tax for paying government monthly. How much?
Sicomex & Radar license is for export and import. There is no limit on the export but you will be limited to $50000 every quarter for imports. You will need to request Receita Federal to review your Import limit and they will adjust based on the value Trade your company did the previous year, There are no monthly taxes. You have to pay taxes on each transaction for export and imports.

3. If export (food materials) Brazil to another countries need to pay tax or not. how much?
Yes you will need to pay taxes on the difference between the value of the good (Nota Fiscal from Supplier) and Nota fiscal issued to the Importer. Taxes will depend on how your company is filed. Your accountant can tell you more.