Honest opinions On Al Ain

I've recently been offered a job in Al Ain and was looking for any honest opinions on what the town is like especially for a 21 year old girl from Ireland. I had hoped to get offered a place in Dubai or Abu Dhabi since I have heard such great things about these cities. What is the social life like in Al Ain and how cheap is it to get to the main cities? How long does it take to get there? Would it be reasonable price to go every weekend if you wanted to? Any information would be really appreciated!

AL AIN n is a family town. Most single people find themselves going to Dubai or Abu Dhabi every weekend
There is a pretty big Irish population IN AL AIN  and places like the Hilton, Danat and Rotana
..provide entertainment such as happy hour and dancing
I totally enjoyed Al Ain for it's quiet,  peaceful tone. 

Thanks so much for your reply

It's quiet, small and peaceful.   Lots of people living in other Emirates come here for Jebel Hafeet and the zoo on family trips.

It's around 1.5 hours from Dubai if you are driving yourself.   The only bus service (it used to be the case in the past) is a private company called Al Ghazal or Ghazool which has regular departures every 40 mins to Dubai.  Costs around 20-25 AED (used to be before VAT) and takes almost 2 hours.

Not visited Al Ain but I heard its not much going on there, but its not that far from AD & Dubai. I personally wouldn't want to live in Dubai though as I much prefer the more laid back vibes of AD. I heard it has a nice safari/Zoo though and a nice local community. You'll be okay there for a year to start, you can maybe use it as a stepping stone to something else in the UAE. Good lucks and welcome.

Hi Sharron,

I'm 26 next week and have just been offered a teaching job out in Al Ain to start August. This was my biggest worry and fear - No social life and Al Ain being too quiet and far from Abu Dhabi/Dubai. Did you make your decision or find anything else out about living there? Id be interested to know if you found any more information on Al Ain as I am not sure whether to take the job or not. The last thing I want to do is move out and be bored and lonely when I'm not working.

:D

Shannon*** apologies  :sosad: completely got your name wrong.

Hi

I have also been offered a position in Al Ain & would like to know if you guys moved to Al Ain & how's city life , vibe , social life there ? 

Please share your experiences.

Thanks

Hi

Please contact me if your looking friend.
I am real and very friendly.

For more details please drop me a line.

Thanks

Hi Tessa,

Did you accept the job?

I am flying out Saturday to take a job at the school and I'm 28, single etc and it would be good to know someone in the same boat haha!

Beth

Hi Shannon

Did you accept the job?

I am flying out Saturday to take a job at the school and I'm 28, single etc and it would be good to know someone in the same boat haha!

Beth

I have just accepted a job in Al Ain, not got a move date yet, but, looking for blogs/posts to follow to get a better idea of the place as most seem to focus on Dubai.  32, single and going to be arriving solo.

i feel so bored in al ain no social life here everyone has his own life nobody talks to you.

you are very true very bored and alone feel in al ain no social life in al ain