Living in Vancouver, wanting to move to Paris

Hello

I recently went to Paris and absolutely fell in love with the city. I learned that as a Canadian citizen I can apply for a Youth Exchange Visa and move to Paris for 6 months. I am planning on doing this Spring 2012. I am currently starting to learn French. I am looking for any help/advice/info I can get from people who have lived or are living in Paris. I have looked into finding a job and a place to stay, but it's overwhelming so I wanted a personal opinion and account to help me out. So if anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :) Merci

-Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I have moved your topic on the Paris forum for better visibility.

I suggest you to view the "Life in France expatriate guide".

Wish you good luck
Christine

I am trying to send private messages to other Canadians who are living in Paris asking for help/advice/info but it says my account hasn't been fully activated yet. Is there any way to speed that up? Thanks

Everything is explained here: ;)https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238

Has anyone heard any info about working as an au pair in Paris? I am finding a lot of info about doing this but I was hoping someone would have an actual experience in doing this and if it's a good deal. It looks like either that or teaching would be the easiest way to find work. Any suggestions?

Hello,
I think  it's could be more easier to work around Paris. I had often heard "au pair" in the departments around Paris, maybe it's possible...
I had a french friend who worked in an english family at Saint-Germain-en-Laye.
Maybe, in september 2012 I can ask you to take care of my baby if I'll have one ^^