Government oil and gas packages

Hi everyone.

I am an oil and gas professional planning to move to abudhabi. I have been offered a job and need to know what package the government oil and gas sector is offering. Heard they have cut-off the salaries and allowances.

Sally.

The packages vary depending on the government entity, your experience, nature of position, nationality and so on.  So it is difficult to give a range.

And yes, with the downturn, they have made cuts.  The packages are not as lucrative and expat hiring is not as much as it used to be.  Plus the biggest downsizing over the last couple of years has been in the Oil & gas sector across the GCC.  A lot of friends of mine have been made redundant or forced to accept jobs at much lower packages.

Thankyou for the reply Xtang. I know there is a cut off in packages after the decrease in oil prices. Just want to know how much? What I have been told by friends that they have cut off all the allowances and the packages have gone down to the basic only. Is that true?

I can't comment on that as it varies entity by entity.  Wait and see the offer first.

Thankyou so much!