IMPORTING ANIMALS TO SRI LANKA

Hello.

My name is Diana and i'm moving to Sri Lanka with my boyfriend in about a month.
We are currently living in Slovenia. Our air travel starts in Milan, Italy on a Malpensa Airport.
We would like to take our cat Joy with us, but we have troubles finding the airline which would allow us to take it on the same plane with us, and we have trouble to connecting with Sri Lankan Airport stuff cause they have troubles with understanding our request and questions, the difference in launguages makes it difficult even if we both speak English.

Does anyone have any idea which airline should we contact to get proper information?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards.

There are companies that deal with transporting animals and they make sure you have the right documentation to transport animals.

Malpensa Airport / Pets

Sri Lanka's Pet Relocation Experts

Italy Relcat

Good Luck :cheers:

I'm so grateful for your answer, thank you this may save from a lot of worries and stress :D

Best regards

You will have to apply for an import certificate.

This can be done online and it does not cost you any money.

There will be a nominal fee (handing charges) payable at the airport (I was told it is Rs 500 = 2-3 euros)

Further information can be found in the link below.

All the best !

http://www.daph.gov.lk/web/index.php?op … -sri-lanka

Hi.  Im in same boat.  have small poodle i want to bring.  I dont want him put in cargo hold.
As far as route, i though from los angeles, i would fly to new york and spend nite.  Then to london and spend nite. (My dog is 15 yrs old, so i have to baby him).
But now where??  Rent car and head east??  Fun if i were 25 yo and in good shape, and had a colt 45 next to me.  Or ???  Help me.......

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct