Visa for my wife

I have been in Bahrain since 2014. I just got married 2 moths back. I need to apply visa for my wife. But my salary was less than 400 and it is revised now to more than 400. It's taking so much time to update the salary in GOSI to get family visa. It's been around a month now. So I'm planning to apply visit visa for my wife to bring her and can change that to family visa later on. Is it a good idea or do we have any other options ? All the process is done by my company only.

The only options are family visa or visit visa which is converted later. If your company is going to do that and is ok with it, then there is no problem with that. 

The visit visa has to be valid for at least 7 days for the conversion to take place.  And you would need an attested marriage certificate.

Thank you XTang. I'm gonna take 30 days visit visa. Also I have my marriage certificate. You meant which attestation ? by Bahrain Ministry or India ?

First attestation by Ministry of Foreign affairs in India and then the Bahrain Embassy in India.

XTang wrote:

First attestation by Ministry of Foreign affairs in India and then the Bahrain Embassy in India.

Hey XTang,

When i applied for dependent visa for my wife, i just produced the marriage certificate which was attested by local authorities back in India, did not have to do the attestation anywhere else, is this a new rule? 

T&R

Hey, no the rule has always been there for Arab nationals and is listed as such on the LMRA page.  However, for non-arab nationals if the husband or wife name is in the passport then they generally don't ask for it.

http://lmra.bh/portal/en/page/show/189

Recently however, I have heard that there is a new team in the verification section of LMRA and they are being particular about documentation / attestation.  For example, I had to get an affidavit issued by MOJ attested by MOFA Bahrain despite it being a local document :(

XTang wrote:

Hey, no the rule has always been there for Arab nationals and is listed as such on the LMRA page.  However, for non-arab nationals if the husband or wife name is in the passport then they generally don't ask for it.

http://lmra.bh/portal/en/page/show/189

We usually put in our wife's name on passport, things are much easier then for lot of other verification involved (back home as well.)

Recently however, I have heard that there is a new team in the verification section of LMRA and they are being particular about documentation / attestation.  For example, I had to get an affidavit issued by MOJ attested by MOFA Bahrain despite it being a local document :(

Not sure why there are making things more complicated by the day.

Hi,

I am from malaysia. There is no bahrain embassy here. They rejected mine even though i have asked the kuwait embassy for attestation. Pls help