Income Tax Refundable ?

Greetings everyone, im a new expat in town from Malaysia, fall under the category of "foreigners employed by regional head offices of multinational companies". I'm here to seek some information regarding the taxes on my salary, please refer to below question and kindly offer your assistance if you are able to. Thank you in advance.

Q1 : Does the taxes table apply on basic salary or total salary packages (including housing allowance,
language premium & etc.)

Q2. Lets say i finished my employment contract here and decided to move on to a different job, will the taxes that i have paid throughout the employment time here refundable upon my leave ?

I am pretty sure all is taxed for the first question. If it is in your pay, it should be taxed.

For the second question, yes.

You just have to declare you are leaving the country permanently.

Thank you bro for the prompt reply, for the taxes, is it refund 100% in return or just a slight amount ?? This is because i have been given several diff answer so far, and im unable to find any information about it online at the moment. Highly appreciate it if you could help out on this last question.

As for the "leaving the country permanently" = not coming back anymore ? or until the usually working visa time limit ends? which usually is about 6 months.

WK Kong wrote:

Thank you bro for the prompt reply, for the taxes, is it refund 100% in return or just a slight amount ?? This is because i have been given several diff answer so far, and im unable to find any information about it online at the moment. Highly appreciate it if you could help out on this last question.

As for the "leaving the country permanently" = not coming back anymore ? or until the usually working visa time limit ends? which usually is about 6 months.

As far as I know you get 100% of your taxes back, as you will not be claiming any benefits like SSS pension, etc.

If you want to get your taxes back after working in the country, and you are going back to your home country, you have to show them you are leaving permanently. In other words, if you are just leaving the country for vacation, you can't do it.

I am looking too. And I cannot find it. But I know at least is WAS the law at some point. I will look into it some more. But you can always ask at your local BIR also.

Thank you so much for the information bro, please do update any of your new finding in this thread <3 i will check further as well.

Q1 : Does the taxes table apply on basic salary or total salary packages (including housing allowance,
language premium & etc.)

Answer: Anything paid by the company  (i.e. housing) is not taxable hence you do not need to pay, unless the company gives it to you as a cash benefit for you to rent at your choice then in that case it will be taxable and non refundable.

Q2. Lets say i finished my employment contract here and decided to move on to a different job, will the taxes that i have paid throughout the employment time here refundable upon my leave ?

Answer: No it will not be refundable as long as you have worked more than 6 months in the year.

Again, depending on how your company pays your base & benefits, typically the company will withhold income tax and submit on your behalf. If that is the case and you leave the country less than 6 months of work  or before December Payroll then you may request to your employer to recalculate your taxes and return you the savings.

Thank you very much for the assistance. I think i got what i came here for already :(.

That dear sir is under the purview of your home country, the country your employer is incorporated in, any agreements made between the Philippines and your company, any tax treaties between your country of citizenship and the Philippines.  Bottom line, any answers you get here, if any, are to be questioned thoroughly......