! Vietnamese come here

Hello!
What Vietnamese people think about Americans in 2018? Do they like Americans\neutral\dislike them?

You can answer really short, like + (like) or - (dislike).
PLEASE I REALLY NEED YOUR SINCERE THOUGHTS, brothers. PLEASE.

Sincere thoughts .........

Yogi likes them raw with some fava beans & a nice chianti.

Yogi has spoken.  I feel my duty to reply.

The Vietnam culture is probably(?) the best available.

Why?   The (relative) lack of social problems like
the intolerance of colour, class, caste or religion (etc)
we see in so many other countries.

Sure, there are the usual peculiar particulars we all
suffer from, but these are like water on a ducks back
to the general population.   Problem?   Suck it up.
Reality is something they deal with on a daily basis.

To me, this puts them streets ahead of all others.

Tell me differently.   No trivia, please...    :happy:

* I trust no Americans were injured or offended by this..?

I think Vietnamese like the 2017 Americans, they were a much better model.

so mate, you a little bit dislike them? I appreciate your sincerity.

But what about other population, my dear friend, maybe you have any ideas?

If you sincerely want want responses from native Vietnamese you need to reconsider your headline.  There are several Vietnamese that read this forum but they may skew demographically toward real estate agents and young ladies seeking emigration.  As of now all of your replies are from expats in Vietnam and are generally somewhat amused at your proposition.

"! Vietnamese Come Here" comes across as an order you would give to a dog.  You should rephrase it as a question or something like "Looking for opinions from native Vietnamese."

Also as a Bulgarian, why are you interested in Vietnamese attitudes toward Americans?  Are you a high school student looking for material for a term paper?

I'm not Vietnamese, but for my experience I can say they like foreigners, and they like Americans.

They like to join them to practice English, learn from them, etc.

They don't have resentments about what happened during the war.

@Bazza139
Well, I agree in some points, but they make a big difference between rich and poor. The same about skin color. I've heard sentences like "she seems to be Cambodian" to a girl that was too tanned, 

And you just need to be in a queue to check how unrespectful are some of them, jumping the queue. It also happens with traffic, some have not respect for others life.

Most Vietnamese I've known are really nice people, but Vietnam people aren't perfect as in any other country.

I can't change the topic's title to "Looking for opinions from native Vietnamese."

Hello there hellothere.
Your question is annoying because there is no explanation.
Who are you?
Why are you asking?
Why should we answer?
You are not a regular contributor, so you are soliciting.

hellothere2018 wrote:

so mate, you a little bit dislike them? I appreciate your sincerity.
But what about other population, my dear friend, maybe you have any ideas?

Your answer to @colinoscapee makes no sense. You clearly don't understand him.
You probably won't understand any answers.

Guys, except Paulbach, you are a herd, which is made angry by tolerance propaganda. At least you live a happy life.

Let's face it.  This has to one of the most stupid questions I've seen on here in my 8 years since I've come to Vietnam.  It's a loaded question trying to stir up trouble. 

Ok.  Time to move on.

danhask wrote:

This has to one of the most stupid questions I've seen on here in my 8 years since I've come to Vietnam.

Perhaps only exceeded by this: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=775864  However the cheese packet man did not seem to be stirring up trouble, just silly.

hellothere2018 wrote:

Guys, except Paulbach, you are a herd, which is made angry by tolerance propaganda. At least you live a happy life.

Mooooo, moooo.

Nah, I prefer to follow Fred...

..a.k.a, the Wizard of Wooly Wisdom... 

Baa, Baa?   Nah, Bah, Bah, Bazza...     :idontagree:

But True, the herd follow the fun...    :proud

it's depend on who we are talking about, we can like or dislike a whole community in general like this

Lol, such a funny headline!

Even the Chinese are welcomed. Wars are over. No hard feelings

Thank you so much, guys!! :top:

@Colinoscopee: No "intolerance of colour"??? Try telling that to a black American or African visitor or expat. It's not as bad as in India (see http://www.bbc.com/news/stories-43877568) but I've met a few black travellers here and around the world who say they encounter tricky issues. It's not hostile in Vietnam (it rarely is, although there's just no sense of privacy), but "colour" determines a lot, more so than in the West.
Rob

robvan wrote:

@Colinoscopee: No "intolerance of colour"???

What post are you referring to?  Is your comment crossing over from another thread?   :/

Here you go:

The Vietnam culture is probably(?) the best available.

Why?   The (relative) lack of social problems like
the intolerance of colour, class, caste or religion (etc)
we see in so many other countries.

I see only post numbered #4 and #14 by Colinoscapee.

colinoscapee wrote:

I think Vietnamese like the 2017 Americans, they were a much better model.

colinoscapee wrote:
hellothere2018 wrote:

Mooooo, moooo.

Neither one says what you have quoted.  Is it technically possible that you can see posts that I can not?  I remain puzzled.

There's something weird going on with the website here, as Colinoscapee said too.

Hello everyone,

Please note that i am closing this thread. You won't find native Vietnamese on this expat forum.

@ Robvan, the post you referred to is not of Colinoscapee but another member and is still on this thread.

All the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed