Family Regrouping Visa D Approved (Lebanon)

Hello everyone,

My visa application got approved yesterday, and it took just 3 months.

I have applied on Jan 2, 2018 but had few papers missing, which I resubmitted on Jan 5.

On Jan 19, my application appeared on the Ministry's website with status Pending. Today, I found that it was Accepted on Apr 20 (yesterday).

To be honest I feel lucky, since my wife called the ministry last Monday, and they told her don't expect anything before July.

My question is, for those who got the visa before,
- How long did it take before the embassy contacted you to collect the visa?
- How much time do you have before you leave to Belgium?
- I currently have a Type C multiple-entry visa valid till October, and I already had tickets booked to Greece in June, can I still use this visa to enter Greece even if I haven't been to Belgium yet?

Thank you so much.

- How long did it take before the embassy contacted you to collect the visa?
--> Not based on a very recent experience, but embassy normally takes a week max to contact you after a decision is made by DOFI.

- How much time do you have before you leave to Belgium?
--> D type visas are normally stamped for the duration of 90 days, sometimes even 180 (or more). You can enter Belgium  anytime during the validity of the visa.

- I currently have a Type C multiple-entry visa valid till October, and I already had tickets booked to Greece in June, can I still use this visa to enter Greece even if I haven't been to Belgium yet?
--> Yes, you can use your current C type visa to enter Greece. You just need to enter Belgium using your D type visa in its validity period.

Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience on the above.

So my visa was approved on Friday. The embassy called me on Monday, submitted my passport on Wednesday and got it back on Thursday.
So all in all the process took 4 business days.

The visa is valid for 180 days and in Belgium only, so it does not conflict with my current C visa.

you are very lucky man & i'm very happy for you . i applied my wife visa at 4 dec & get regester in 11 of jan in belgium  so still i'm waiting for it:(. By the way from which country did you apply for your wife visa  ? plz can you mention?!

I applied from Lebanon. I have to say I am lucky, just 3 days before the decision was taken, my wife called the ministry of foreign affairs, and the guy there told her that our file is usually complicated and no decision is taken before 9 months.

I would just say stay patient and try to follow up with the ministry once a month.